Rodman testifies in sexual assault civil trial
s_knight8
2003-08-01 03:06:47 UTC
http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/6430486.htm

SANTA ANA, Calif. - Former NBA bad boy Dennis Rodman testified
Thursday in a civil trial that he doesn't remember meeting a woman who
accused him of sexual assault.

The suit alleges Rodman drugged, raped and imprisoned former waitress
Jo Len Ann McGowen in his Newport Beach home in March 2001. Rodman,
42, has been sued at least twice in the past for allegedly assaulting
women.

The suit filed by McGowen, 39, alleges Rodman met her at a Newport
Beach restaurant that he co-owns and gave her beer that she claims was
laced with a narcotic. She said she was taken to Rodman's home nearby,
raped several times and prevented from leaving as she slipped in and
out of consciousness.

Rodman, sporting midnight blue hair and multiple rings in his nose,
lips and ears, said Thursday he doesn't recall meeting the plaintiff
and denied raping her.

"I have no recollection of Ms. McGowen," said Rodman, who said he
sometimes drinks heavily but denies using or giving anyone drugs. "I
don't think anyone can remember where they were in March 2001."

The suit accuses Rodman of sexual battery, false imprisonment,
negligence and battery and assault, and seeks unspecified damages. No
criminal charges were ever filed against Rodman.

McGowen's attorney portrayed Rodman as a celebrity who believes he is
above the law.

"My theme in this case is 'bad as I want to be,'" said attorney Marcus
Mancini, referring to the title of the athlete's autobiography,
published several years ago. "Because Mr. Rodman considers himself
above the fray. Mr. Rodman considers himself different from the rest
of us."
Laughing at Bush
2003-08-01 04:03:43 UTC
Post by s_knight8
[...]
Oh come on now, an ex NBA player accused of rape! That's as ridiculous
as believing a current NBA player could do something that dumb.
Dave McNulla
2003-08-01 14:04:15 UTC
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by s_knight8
[...]
while you managed to mock the rediculous notion that a star or former star
could commit such an act, you missed a great opportunity to attack the
plaintiff who never so much as filed charges.

dave
Laughing at Bush
2003-08-01 14:24:08 UTC
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by s_knight8
[...]
That isn't what the story says. She may well have gone to the police
and either the police or District Attorney decided there wasn't enough
evidence to charge him.
Dave McNulla
2003-08-01 15:16:21 UTC
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by s_knight8
[...]
did you know that your bias is showing?

dave
Laughing at Bush
Do you realize your ignorance is showing?
Dave McNulla
2003-08-01 16:46:39 UTC
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
could commit such an act, you missed a great opportunity to attack the
plaintiff who never so much as filed charges.
dave
That isn't what the story says. She may well have gone to the police
and either the police or District Attorney decided there wasn't enough
evidence to charge him.
did you know that your bias is showing?
dave
Do you realize your ignorance is showing?
you painted basketball players with one broad brush shows you've got a case
of bias, aka prejudice, aka ignorance, then you claim i am ignorant?

it's no wonder everyone on the usenet is laughing at you.

dave
Laughing at Bush
2003-08-01 17:38:03 UTC
Post by s_knight8
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by Dave McNulla
could commit such an act, you missed a great opportunity to attack the
plaintiff who never so much as filed charges.
dave
That isn't what the story says. She may well have gone to the police
and either the police or District Attorney decided there wasn't enough
evidence to charge him.
did you know that your bias is showing?
dave
Do you realize your ignorance is showing?
you painted basketball players with one broad brush shows you've got a case
of bias, aka prejudice, aka ignorance, then you claim i am ignorant?
it's no wonder everyone on the usenet is laughing at you.
dave
Gee Dave, maybe they're laughing because the recognize humor when they
see it. You obviously don't have the brains for it.
Daniel Seriff
2003-08-01 18:32:35 UTC
Post by Dave McNulla
Post by Laughing at Bush
Post by s_knight8
[...]
Plaintiffs don't file charges.

HTH.
--
Daniel Seriff

Your entire ass? Just packed full of red hot coals?