The Day The Earth Stood Still
f***@aol.com
2008-12-13 06:26:09 UTC
yeah such a terible world.lol Obama is prez and the LAkers are 18-3.
Whaaaa let me cry like a little boy. lol

Chainsaw
2008-12-13 06:56:11 UTC
http://youtu.be/esQTmaL_Dsg
TU is da sheeet!!!!
VicX
2008-12-13 07:01:04 UTC
On Dec 12, 10:26 pm, "***@aol.com" <***@aol.com> wrote:

Did you see the new one today??? how was it??? I've seen the original
about 50 times =8-/
I hear the new one is based more on the original short story Farewell
to the Master...
I've only read it 3 times...I will read it again soon...before I see
the new movie...
http://thenostalgialeague.com/olmag/bates.html
Does the it movie end with these words...
"You misunderstand," the mighty robot had said. "I am the master."
f***@aol.com
2008-12-13 07:06:18 UTC
Did you see �the new one today??? how was it??? I've seen the original
about 50 times =8-/
No I did not see the new one. But I watched the old one on TMC
todayfor about the 47th time. ; )
Surely the new one will be a special effects laden snore. I guess
climate change is the boogie man in the new one. The original one is
more prescient than given credit for."it is not faith that makes good
science"
Like when the doctors are bemoaning the super medicine Klatu brings.
They then light up cigs. Too much!
barata niktu
jeff
VicX
2008-12-13 07:18:12 UTC
Post by f***@aol.com
Did you see the new one today??? how was it??? I've seen the original
about 50 times =8-/
No I did not see the new one. But I watched the old one on TMC
todayfor about the 47th time. ; )
Surely the new one will be a special effects laden snore. I guess
climate change is the boogie man in the new one. The original one is
more prescient than given credit for."it is not faith that makes good
science"
 Like when the doctors are bemoaning the super medicine Klatu brings.
They then light up cigs. Too much!
barata niktu
jeff
well...I have you beat at at least 50 times...the short story is a
must read for fans...you you also watch the extras on the DVD of the
original...
better read the short b4 beddy bye 2nite...the Masters name is Gnut...
http://thenostalgialeague.com/olmag/bates.html
here's the full script of the original movie...
http://www.scifiscripts.com/scripts/TheDayTheEarthStoodSTill.html

As the great, hulking figure approaches, Helen can't
stand
her ground. She turns and runs wildly toward the far
end of
the building. Gort follows her with unhurried,
inescapable
strides. Unwittingly, Helen has run into a corner, and
the
robot is closing in on her.

MED. CLOSE SHOT - HELEN

Her eyes go wide with terror as she realizes she's
trapped.
In a wild effort to run around him, she stumbles and
falls
to the floor. Immobilized with fright, she lies
breathless,
looking up at him. Then she gives a piercing scream.

TWO SHOT - HELEN AND GORT

as the great robot bends over her menacingly, arms
outstretched as though to grab or smash her.

CLOSE SHOT - HELEN

All hope gone, she is blessed with a moment of
lucidity, and
she remembers the message Klaatu told her to deliver.

HELEN
Gort--!
(with desperate clarity)
Klaatu -- barada -- nikto.
RMJon23
2008-12-13 07:03:54 UTC
Post by f***@aol.com
yeah such a terible world.lol Obama is prez and the LAkers are 18-3.
Whaaaa let me cry like a little boy. lol
http://youtu.be/esQTmaL_Dsg
Hey, even though the Lakers D is a sieve in clutch time, I'm glad
they're still winning. But you need to see the Celtics play, son.
Sober you up. But fast.
mayner
2008-12-13 09:31:43 UTC
iTunes here I come. That was very nice.
Chainsaw
2008-12-13 17:27:34 UTC
Post by mayner
Post by f***@aol.com
yeah such a terible world.lol Obama is prez and the LAkers are 18-3.
Whaaaa let me cry like a little boy. lol
http://youtu.be/esQTmaL_Dsg
iTunes here I come. That was very nice.
Denson is also the front man for the Greyboy Allstars. Great stuff.