ot obama plays the im so sorry im not an elitist card...
bozak
2008-04-12 21:22:15 UTC
if only he had a ball... i like what he said, to bad he had to cower and run like a bitch when he
saw what he said wasnt taken the way he wanted it to be...

sig is apropo...
--
House Nigger gotta run and hide
Yellin Compton, but ya moved to Riverside

Ice Cube - No Vaseline
i***@hotmail.com
2008-04-12 22:02:54 UTC
Post by bozak
if only he had a ball... i like what he said, to bad he had to cower and run like a bitch when he
saw what he said wasnt taken the way he wanted it to be...
sig is apropo...
--
House Nigger gotta run and hide
Yellin Compton, but ya moved to Riverside
Ice Cube - No Vaseline
at "sticking by what he said" yet backpedalling all at that same time.
Maybe he should just stick to stealing all his speeches that are tried
and true. :)

If I were Hillary's advisor I would tell her to not use what he said
as a rallying cry. It did enough damage all by itself and she should
just say "Hey, we all say things that get twisted and misinterpreted.
I'm going to win the nomination on my platform and not by playing the
"Did you hear what he said?" card.

Actually, all politicians should take the high road during a campaign.
I guess it's been proven that seizing these kinds of opportunities
translates to votes, but wouldn't it be a pleasant change to see a
candidate run solely on their ideas and not counting on the other
candidate to screw up?
Terraholm
2008-04-12 22:18:34 UTC
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Post by bozak
if only he had a ball... i like what he said, to bad he had to cower
and run like a bitch when he saw what he said wasnt taken the way he
wanted it to be...
sig is apropo...
--
House Nigger gotta run and hide
Yellin Compton, but ya moved to Riverside
Ice Cube - No Vaseline
at "sticking by what he said" yet backpedalling all at that same time.
Maybe he should just stick to stealing all his speeches that are tried
and true. :)
If I were Hillary's advisor I would tell her to not use what he said
as a rallying cry. It did enough damage all by itself and she should
just say "Hey, we all say things that get twisted and misinterpreted.
I'm going to win the nomination on my platform and not by playing the
"Did you hear what he said?" card.
It was not a gaffe, it was how he sees them.

She is already using it. She can disagree with what he said as a different
POV about the people of Pennsylvania

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/04/12/clinton-obamas-bitter-remarks-demeaning/
"Sen. Obama's remarks are elitist and out of touch," she said. "they are not
reflective of the values and beliefs of Americans, certainly not the
Americans I know, not the Americans I grew up with, not the Americans I
lived with in Arkansas or represent in New York."

In a soft-spoken denunciation of her Democratic rival that lasted several
minutes, Clinton played up her own faith and Midwestern roots before
attacking point by point Obama's claims that people who feel disenfranchised
in small town America "cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who
aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a
way to explain their frustrations."

"Americans who believe in God believe it's a matter of personal faith," she
said, to periodic applause. "People of faith I know don't cling to religion
because they are bitter. People embrace faith not because they are
materially poor but because they are spiritually rich."

On the issue of guns, Clinton said: "People of all walks of life hunt, and
they enjoy doing do because its an important part of their life, not because
they are bitter."

"I don't think it helps to divide our country into one America that is
enlightened and one that is not," Clinton continued, finishing her remarks
with a line she introduced on Friday in Philadelphia after the story broke:
"People don't need a president who looks down on them. They need a president
who stands up for them, and that's exactly what I will do."
Post by i***@hotmail.com
I guess it's been proven that seizing these kinds of opportunities
translates to votes, but wouldn't it be a pleasant change to see a
candidate run solely on their ideas and not counting on the other
candidate to screw up?
She is right to disagree and politics are hardball...
--
Laurel T
"How should we Democrats select the next presidential nominee?
--Bill Bradley
Blazer Fan Dan
2008-04-12 22:36:05 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by i***@hotmail.com
I guess it's been proven that seizing these kinds of opportunities
translates to votes, but wouldn't it be a pleasant change to see a
candidate run solely on their ideas and not counting on the other
candidate to screw up?
She is right to disagree and politics are hardball...
--
Laurel T
"How should we Democrats select the next presidential nominee?
Smoke filled rooms? Brokered convention? National primary?
Personally, I prefer jump shots from the top of the key."
--Bill Bradley
Nothing like taking what he said out of context.

The Clinton's have become like internet trolls in this campaign. But
hey, whatever makes them think they are going to win.
Avant Grape
2008-04-12 22:48:08 UTC
Post by Blazer Fan Dan
Post by Terraholm
Post by i***@hotmail.com
I guess it's been proven that seizing these kinds of opportunities
translates to votes, but wouldn't it be a pleasant change to see a
candidate run solely on their ideas and not counting on the other
candidate to screw up?
She is right to disagree and politics are hardball...
--
Laurel T
"How should we Democrats select the next presidential nominee?
Smoke filled rooms? Brokered convention? National primary?
Personally, I prefer jump shots from the top of the key."
--Bill Bradley
Nothing like taking what he said out of context.
The Clinton's have become like internet trolls in this campaign. But
hey, whatever makes them think they are going to win.
It's highly amusing to watch Hillary of all people call someone elitist.
Weird. Anyway, Obama has the nomination. Hillary just hasn't
accepted it yet.

-JC
i***@hotmail.com
2008-04-12 23:51:01 UTC
Post by Avant Grape
Post by Blazer Fan Dan
Post by Terraholm
Post by i***@hotmail.com
[...]
Really? guess I missed that headline.
Post by Avant Grape
Hillary just hasn't
accepted it yet.
Spoken from a position of fear. You sure you don't work for FOX News?
Avant Grape
2008-04-12 23:53:37 UTC
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Post by Avant Grape
Post by Blazer Fan Dan
Post by Terraholm
Post by i***@hotmail.com
[...]
Don't need a headline. The 'supers' are trending towards Obama and he
already can't be beat otherwise. This isn't rocket science. The odds
of Hillary taking the nomination are so low, it's not even worth
considering such a scenario. The denial by the Hillary camp is
powerful, but it will wear off soon enough. It's too bad though.
Hillary has hindered the Democrats' chances at winning in November.

-JC
Avant Grape
2008-04-12 23:57:26 UTC
.
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Spoken from a position of fear. You sure you don't work for FOX News?
Ol' Rupert actually supports Hillary over Obama. Gee, I wonder why?

FYI, Obama has been taking a lot more hits on Fox than Hillary.

-JC
i***@hotmail.com
2008-04-13 00:14:46 UTC
.
Spoken from a position of fear. �You sure you don't work for FOX News?
Ol' Rupert actually supports Hillary over Obama. �Gee, I wonder why?
Answer: Because she's a better candidate.:)
FYI, Obama has been taking a lot more hits on Fox than Hillary.
Today maybe, but not in the big picture. Repugs are afraid of Hillary
and think they have a better chance of beating Obama.
bozak
2008-04-13 00:29:03 UTC
.
Spoken from a position of fear. ?You sure you don't work for FOX News?
Ol' Rupert actually supports Hillary over Obama. ?Gee, I wonder why?
Answer: Because she's a better candidate.:)
FYI, Obama has been taking a lot more hits on Fox than Hillary.
Today maybe, but not in the big picture. Repugs are afraid of Hillary
and think they have a better chance of beating Obama.

why in the world does anybody think republikkkons would have a better chance
against a black man... thats just ridikkkulous... :-)
Avant Grape
2008-04-13 00:40:58 UTC
Post by i***@hotmail.com
.
Spoken from a position of fear. �You sure you don't work for FOX News?
Ol' Rupert actually supports Hillary over Obama. �Gee, I wonder why?
Answer: Because she's a better candidate.:)
So you agree with the owner of Fox News then? Point made my friend. ;-)
Post by i***@hotmail.com
FYI, Obama has been taking a lot more hits on Fox than Hillary.
Today maybe, but not in the big picture. Repugs are afraid of Hillary
and think they have a better chance of beating Obama.
Is that why Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh have been urging Republicans
to vote for Hillary? The logic doesn't follow here.

-JC
i***@hotmail.com
2008-04-13 01:06:08 UTC
Post by i***@hotmail.com
.
Spoken from a position of fear. �You sure you don't work for FOX News?
Ol' Rupert actually supports Hillary over Obama. �Gee, I wonder why?
Answer: Because she's a better candidate.:)
So you agree with the owner of Fox News then?  Point made my friend.  ;-)
Caught me, along with about 50% of all registered Democrats.
Post by i***@hotmail.com
FYI, Obama has been taking a lot more hits on Fox than Hillary.
Today maybe, but not in the big picture. Repugs are afraid of Hillary
and think they have a better chance of beating Obama.
Is that why Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh have been urging Republicans
to vote for Hillary?  The logic doesn't follow here.
I'm not sure what Coulter and Limbaugh are urging as I never listen to
either one of those men. But it would be silly at this early point
since the Repugs aren't voting for the Democratic candidate in the
primaries.

I have been watching a little of FOX news and they sure do seem to be
doing more Hillary bashing and Obama supporting than the other way
around.
bozak
2008-04-13 01:14:59 UTC

he shoots he scores!!!
Terraholm
2008-04-13 01:30:39 UTC
Those guys just hate McCain...not about the dems
Avant Grape
2008-04-13 01:15:30 UTC
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Post by Avant Grape
.
Post by Avant Grape
Post by i***@hotmail.com
FYI, Obama has been taking a lot more hits on Fox than Hillary.
Today maybe, but not in the big picture. Repugs are afraid of Hillary
and think they have a better chance of beating Obama.
Is that why Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh have been urging Republicans
to vote for Hillary? The logic doesn't follow here.
I'm not sure what Coulter and Limbaugh are urging as I never listen to
either one of those men. But it would be silly at this early point
since the Repugs aren't voting for the Democratic candidate in the
primaries.
Yes they have. You clearly haven't been following this process if you
believe. Google is your friend. Research the topic.
Post by i***@hotmail.com
I have been watching a little of FOX news and they sure do seem to be
doing more Hillary bashing and Obama supporting than the other way
around.
They're still talking about Rev. Wright over on Fox. Hannity and
O'Reilly have a hard-on for this stuff...and so do the Hilly supporters
it seems.

-JC
Miguel MB
2008-04-13 05:27:37 UTC
Post by Avant Grape
Post by i***@hotmail.com
.
Spoken from a position of fear. �You sure you don't work for FOX News?
Ol' Rupert actually supports Hillary over Obama. �Gee, I wonder why?
Answer: Because she's a better candidate.:)
So you agree with the owner of Fox News then? Point made my friend. ;-)
Too many Democrats are focused on determining which candidate
is hated most by the people they hate (Republicans), rather than
which candidate is best.

You're letting the hate misguide you.
Avant Grape
2008-04-13 05:44:04 UTC
Post by Avant Grape
Post by i***@hotmail.com
.
Spoken from a position of fear. �You sure you don't work for FOX News?
Ol' Rupert actually supports Hillary over Obama. �Gee, I wonder why?
Answer: Because she's a better candidate.:)
So you agree with the owner of Fox News then? Point made my friend. ;-)
Too many Democrats are focused on determining which candidate is
hated most by the people they hate (Republicans), rather than which
candidate is best.
You're letting the hate misguide you.
There's no hate. I'm a pragmatist. I initially supported Joe Biden.
When he dropped out, I reluctantly was ready to cast my vote for
Hillary. Obama then showed me he can play with the big boys. My
primary reason for voting for him is because he has more chance to beat
a Republican than does Hillary IMO. He's also shown an ability to out
raise the Clinton machine by substantial dollar margins without massive
large corporate donations. That's pretty damn impressive. Lastly,
Obama has a more pragmatic approach to economic policy as well as issues
like health care. He's plain made better decisions during this campaign.

-JC
i***@hotmail.com
So you have a history of supporting plagiarists.
Avant Grape
2008-04-13 06:27:57 UTC
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Post by Avant Grape
Post by Avant Grape
Post by i***@hotmail.com
.
Spoken from a position of fear. �You sure you don't work for FOX News?
Ol' Rupert actually supports Hillary over Obama. �Gee, I wonder why?
Answer: Because she's a better candidate.:)
So you agree with the owner of Fox News then? Point made my friend. ;-)
Too many Democrats are focused on determining which candidate is
hated most by the people they hate (Republicans), rather than which
candidate is best.
You're letting the hate misguide you.
There's no hate. I'm a pragmatist. I initially supported Joe Biden.
So you have a history of supporting plagiarists.
LOL Good one. But I think that's quite a stretch in Obama's case. I
mean, you folks have these Hillary talking points down pat. Good job.
I'll just be at peace in the knowledge that you'll vote for Obama when
he accepts the nomination. ;-)

-JC
Mike De Leon
2008-04-13 17:48:02 UTC
Post by Avant Grape
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Post by Avant Grape
Post by Avant Grape
Post by i***@hotmail.com
.
Spoken from a position of fear. �You sure you don't work for FOX News?
Ol' Rupert actually supports Hillary over Obama. �Gee, I wonder why?
Answer: Because she's a better candidate.:)
So you agree with the owner of Fox News then? Point made my friend. ;-)
Too many Democrats are focused on determining which candidate is
hated most by the people they hate (Republicans), rather than which
candidate is best.
You're letting the hate misguide you.
There's no hate. I'm a pragmatist. I initially supported Joe Biden.
So you have a history of supporting plagiarists.
LOL Good one. But I think that's quite a stretch in Obama's case. I
mean, you folks have these Hillary talking points down pat. Good job.
I'll just be at peace in the knowledge that you'll vote for Obama when
he accepts the nomination. ;-)
-JC
The REALLY funny thing about this is that if the dems and repubs had
the guts to put a 'none of the above' option on the ballot, 10 will
get you 20 that'd win hands down. Especailly when voters are
registering independant in greater numbers over dem or repub. It's not
the dems or repub that will win this election its who the independants
get behind. Personnaly, my vote goes to none of the above.
bozak
2008-04-13 17:52:05 UTC
Post by Avant Grape
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Post by Avant Grape
Post by Avant Grape
Post by i***@hotmail.com
.
[...]

lol... somebodies been listening to jesse ventura...

none of the above??? and that would do just what???

none of the above, whats the difference with none of the above and not
voting???
Terraholm
2008-04-13 19:15:22 UTC
Post by Mike De Leon
The REALLY funny thing about this is that if the dems and repubs had
the guts to put a 'none of the above' option on the ballot, 10 will
get you 20 that'd win hands down.
Already does when you count the ones that do not bother to vote.
Post by Mike De Leon
Especailly when voters are
registering independant in greater numbers over dem or repub. It's not
the dems or repub that will win this election its who the independants
get behind. Personnaly, my vote goes to none of the above.
Well it should go 'against' one of the above or let others stick you with
the worst of them.
And there is a difference.
--Bill Bradley
Unabogie
2008-04-13 00:03:45 UTC
Post by Avant Grape
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Post by Avant Grape
Post by Blazer Fan Dan
Post by Terraholm
Post by i***@hotmail.com
[...]
Do McCain and Clinton really want to debate who the elitists are?
Obama left Harvard law school and took a job as a community organizer
for $13,000 a year.

$13,000 a year.

Passed up hundreds of high paying jobs.

Son of a single mom.

Just payed off his student loans three years ago.

Student loans.

Hillary went to work for Wal-Mart screwing small businesses.

She and bill made $109,000,000 the last six years.

$13,000.

$109,000,000.

McCain grew up the son of an Admiral and left his disfigured wife to
marry a Beer heiress. He hasn't had a real job in 30 years. He voted
against MLK day and says homeowners who got fucked in the sub-prime
meltdown deserve it.

Really? They want to debate this?

Nah, but scoring cheap points they like. Go for it. But it won't
have legs.

Elitist?

Har, har.
Post by Avant Grape
-JC>> Hillary just hasn't
bozak
2008-04-13 00:24:20 UTC
Post by Avant Grape
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Post by Avant Grape
Post by Blazer Fan Dan
Post by Terraholm
Post by i***@hotmail.com
[...]

just give your boy time he is working on it... i mean his books have only made
him a few million dollars so far, and even with that it still took help from a
guy who he knew was dirty to help him buy his house...

dont worry, obama the fraud is going to get there soon enough... i mean the
man of the people who is down for the patriot act and doesnt want corporations
to have limits on how much they can charge you in interest has the best intent
for all of us... ;-)
Terraholm
2008-04-13 01:03:29 UTC
Post by Unabogie
Do McCain and Clinton really want to debate who the elitists are?
Obama left Harvard law school and took a job as a community organizer
for $13,000 a year.
$13,000 a year.
During her post-graduate study, she was a volunteer attorney for the then
new Children's Defense Fund in Cambridge and a consultant to the Carnegie
Council on Children. $0
Post by Unabogie
Passed up hundreds of high paying jobs.
Son of a single mom.
Pretty much so with Bill Clinton, only one of the bunch that come from a
poor family. His father was a salesman and killed before he was born...mom
went to NOLA to study nursing and Bill was left with his grandparents who
had a very small grocery store. His grandparents sold groceries to all races
on credit in segregated Hope AR.......
...later his step dad abused his mother and was an alcoholic.
He went to Georgetown on a scholarship to the Edmund A. Walsh School of
Foreign Service and then won a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford, then went to
Yale. Then he was a professor at U of Arkansas...

Hillary's dad ran a small business and was from small town Pennsylvania.
Worse she was raised as a Goldwater conservative...a lot to overcome. ;-)
Post by Unabogie
Just payed off his student loans three years ago.
Student loans.
Could not get a scholarship?
Post by Unabogie
Hillary went to work for Wal-Mart screwing small businesses.
She was the token woman and had no real power.
She stood silent on unions but did push to get women more management jobs.
That was when Wal-mart was not a nationwide chain.

As for since...
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3827/is_200602/ai_n17170935/pg_1

Hillary's recent FEC filing revealed that she returned a $5,000 campaign
contribution to the political action committee of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Last
week, Sen. Clinton had publicly criticized the company for not providing
enough health benefits to all their employees. However, from 1986 to 1992,
she was not only First Lady of Arkansas, she also sat on the Wal-Mart board
of directors. Hillary has changed her tune.
An aide says her sudden principled stand is due to Mrs. Clinton's having
"serious differences" with the company's practices.
Post by Unabogie
She and bill made $109,000,000 the last six years.
$13,000.
$109,000,000.
The Clintons were not rich until after the presidency.
Post by Unabogie
McCain grew up the son of an Admiral and left his disfigured wife to
marry a Beer heiress. He hasn't had a real job in 30 years. He voted
against MLK day and says homeowners who got fucked in the sub-prime
meltdown deserve it.
Really? They want to debate this?
Nah, but scoring cheap points they like. Go for it. But it won't
have legs.
Elitist?
Har, har.
Nah, he was just pretending to be one to that elitist money giving group.
=)
But being President will make him one.
Only way to be added into the truly old money born rich society....
--
Laurel T
"Should any political party attempt to abolish social
and they are stupid." Dwight D. Eisenhower
Avant Grape
2008-04-13 01:11:11 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by Unabogie
Do McCain and Clinton really want to debate who the elitists are?
Obama left Harvard law school and took a job as a community organizer
for $13,000 a year.
$13,000 a year.
During her post-graduate study, she was a volunteer attorney for the then
new Children's Defense Fund in Cambridge and a consultant to the Carnegie
Council on Children. $0
Post-grad study vs. career? Mmmmm.
Post by Terraholm
Post by Unabogie
Passed up hundreds of high paying jobs.
Son of a single mom.
Pretty much so with Bill Clinton, only one of the bunch that come from a
poor family. His father was a salesman and killed before he was born...mom
went to NOLA to study nursing and Bill was left with his grandparents who
had a very small grocery store. His grandparents sold groceries to all races
on credit in segregated Hope AR.......
...later his step dad abused his mother and was an alcoholic.
He went to Georgetown on a scholarship to the Edmund A. Walsh School of
Foreign Service and then won a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford, then went to
Yale. Then he was a professor at U of Arkansas...
Ahhh, that's right. Hillary needs Bill Clinton to be considered a
worthy candidate. Thanks for reminding me.
Post by Terraholm
Hillary's dad ran a small business and was from small town Pennsylvania.
LOL Now this truly proves that Laurel is a shill. Hillary's father ran
a very successful small business. In fact, she was born into wealth.

<snippage of all the spinster shill>

Good lord, what a bunch of wankery that was.

-JC
i***@hotmail.com
2008-04-13 00:13:20 UTC
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Post by Avant Grape
Anyway, Obama has the nomination. �
Really? guess I missed that headline.
Don't need a headline.  The 'supers' are trending towards Obama and he
already can't be beat otherwise.  This isn't rocket science.  The odds
of Hillary taking the nomination are so low, it's not even worth
considering such a scenario.  The denial by the Hillary camp is
powerful, but it will wear off soon enough.  It's too bad though.
Hillary has hindered the Democrats' chances at winning in November.
Nothing has been decided. The "it hurts the Democrats' chances"
thinking is nothing more than the posturing of those who don't want to
let a fair nomination process play out. Of course since Obama is your
candidate of choice you would want to encourage Hillary to just give
up. In the end, neither Obama or Hillary will have enough votes and
then it will have to be decided by other means. Keeping it on topic,
compare your argument to last night's basketball game. Should the
Hornets have just conceded the game after they were down 30 in the
first half?

There is plenty of time for all Democrats to unite after one candidate
is decided upon. All this talk from both Obama's supporters and
Hillary's supporters about not supporting the candidate chosen if it
isn't THEIR candidate is just saber rattling, full of sound and fury
signifying nothing. Whomever gets the nomination will enjoy the full
support from all Democrats.
bozak
2008-04-13 00:27:23 UTC
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Post by Avant Grape
Anyway, Obama has the nomination. ?
Really? guess I missed that headline.
Don't need a headline. The 'supers' are trending towards Obama and he
already can't be beat otherwise. This isn't rocket science. The odds
of Hillary taking the nomination are so low, it's not even worth
considering such a scenario. The denial by the Hillary camp is
powerful, but it will wear off soon enough. It's too bad though.
Hillary has hindered the Democrats' chances at winning in November.
Nothing has been decided. The "it hurts the Democrats' chances"
thinking is nothing more than the posturing of those who don't want to
let a fair nomination process play out.

that and sheer idiocy... it will be a shame that they will actually have to figure
out who the nominee is in a convention that is supposedly there for picking
the nominee...
Avant Grape
2008-04-13 00:39:14 UTC
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Post by Avant Grape
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Post by Avant Grape
Anyway, Obama has the nomination. �
Really? guess I missed that headline.
Don't need a headline. The 'supers' are trending towards Obama and he
already can't be beat otherwise. This isn't rocket science. The odds
of Hillary taking the nomination are so low, it's not even worth
considering such a scenario. The denial by the Hillary camp is
powerful, but it will wear off soon enough. It's too bad though.
Hillary has hindered the Democrats' chances at winning in November.
Nothing has been decided. The "it hurts the Democrats' chances"
thinking is nothing more than the posturing of those who don't want to
let a fair nomination process play out.
Actually, the damage is done. Hillary, by using both race as an
effective tool in scaring away conservative Democrats from Obama and by
positioning herself with John McCain on the experience front, has split
the party. Nonetheless, we move forward with Obama. He makes the best
case for reducing troop levels in Iraq and nationwide he is the clear
favorite of the majority of Democrats. Whatever happens from here
forward will not give Hillary enough delegates to win. Meanwhile, like
I said, the super delegates are clearly trending towards Obama.

Post by i***@hotmail.com
candidate of choice you would want to encourage Hillary to just give
up. In the end, neither Obama or Hillary will have enough votes and
then it will have to be decided by other means.
Firstly, I could give two shits whether Hillary stays in or out at this
point. Like I said, the damage is done. I trust that Obama can swim
his way out of it in the general election. But the real damage going
forward is to the Clinton legacy. They are an embarrassment, and if you
think my her courting racist voters in the Democrat Party is a
significant occurence, by all means enjoy a slim Pennsylvania victory.
But the truth is that she won't win in double digits as was expected and
she has no chance to win this nomination without a large majority of
super delegates trending in her direction. That's not happening.
Pennsylvania won't change that. Don't say I didn't tell ya.

Keeping it on topic,
Post by i***@hotmail.com
compare your argument to last night's basketball game. Should the
Hornets have just conceded the game after they were down 30 in the
first half?
Bad analogy. The odds of Charlotte coming back were much higher than
Hillary's chances at winning the nomination. Think. Obama needs far
less superdelegates than Hillary. And again, the super delegates are
trending in significant numbers towards Obama. That's a fact. Hillary
can't change the rules, as much as she and her die-hard followers
believe she can.
Post by i***@hotmail.com
There is plenty of time for all Democrats to unite after one candidate
is decided upon. All this talk from both Obama's supporters and
Hillary's supporters about not supporting the candidate chosen if it
isn't THEIR candidate is just saber rattling, full of sound and fury
signifying nothing.
Well, not on the black voter side. Hillary's race baiting may not be
seen by you and other Hillary obsessives, but the majority of black
people know the score here. She won't have the ability to motivate them
to get out to the polls; she clearly has damaged herself there.
Furthermore, no one can inspire disenchanted Republicans to get out to
the polls more than Hillary. Fortunately, the odds are so slim that she
can win this nomination that we don't have to worry about that scenario.

Whomever gets the nomination will enjoy the full
Post by i***@hotmail.com
support from all Democrats.
LOL Now there's a pipe dream. The Democratic Party is known
historically for not being particularly "united."

Duck! There experience in a bullet overhead. 3AM in the morning,
except it's really 3PM. Good ol' Billy says Hillary is gettin' a little
old. He got that part right.

-JC
i***@hotmail.com
2008-04-13 01:29:23 UTC
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Post by Avant Grape
Anyway, Obama has the nomination. �
Really? guess I missed that headline.
Don't need a headline.  The 'supers' are trending towards Obama and he
already can't be beat otherwise.  This isn't rocket science.  The odds
of Hillary taking the nomination are so low, it's not even worth
considering such a scenario.  The denial by the Hillary camp is
powerful, but it will wear off soon enough.  It's too bad though.
Hillary has hindered the Democrats' chances at winning in November.
Nothing has been decided. The "it hurts the Democrats' chances"
thinking is nothing more than the posturing of those who don't want to
let a fair nomination process play out.
Actually, the damage is done.
In your opinion maybe, but not something you can really prove.
Hillary, by using both race as an
effective tool in scaring away conservative Democrats from Obama
LOL. You Obamaions sure do like to play that race card. You think if
you say Bill and Hillary are using the issue of race enough times then
people will actually believe it is true. When, of course, it isn't.
Lack of experience, maybe, but they don't play the race card.
and by
positioning herself with John McCain on the experience front, has split
the party.
What? Stating the obvious that she has more political experience than
Obama has split the party? The party is "split" right now because
about half the Democrats prefer Hillary and half prefer Obama.
Nonetheless, we move forward with Obama.
Not the we that I talk to to.
He makes the best
case for reducing troop levels in Iraq
He flip-flopped on that issue. His best case seems to always be what
people want to hear at the moment.
and nationwide he is the clear
favorite of the majority of Democrats.
If it was "clear" we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.
He'd be nominated by now.
Whatever happens from here
forward will not give Hillary enough delegates to win.
Nor will it give Obama the number needed.
Meanwhile, like
I said, the super delegates are clearly trending towards Obama.
For someone who likes to use the word "clear" and "clearly" so much
you should really go look up what the definition of those words are.
Because you clearly don't seem to understand what they mean.
Post by i***@hotmail.com
candidate of choice you would want to encourage Hillary to just give
up. In the end, neither Obama or Hillary will have enough votes and
then it will have to be decided by other means.
Firstly, I could give two shits whether Hillary stays in or out at this
point.
Now you are waffling...you've stated that she should drop out because
she is hurting the party. So obviously you give at least one shit.
Like I said, the damage is done.  I trust that Obama can swim
his way out of it in the general election.
They're both treading water pretty well right now. Although today he
seems to need some waterwings after the "bitter" speech.
But the real damage going
forward is to the Clinton legacy.
The legacy of Bill's presidency is intact. Now we move on to
Hillary's future 8 years in the White House where she will return this
country to economic stability and its place as a respected member of
the world community.
They are an embarrassment, and if you
think my her courting racist voters in the Democrat Party is a
significant occurence, by all means enjoy a slim Pennsylvania victory.
Again with the race. Sorry, your Michael Moore techniques don't work
with me.
But the truth is that she won't win in double digits as was expected
Polls, especially in this campaign, have proven to be a pretty bad
indication of how things really are.
and
she has no chance to win this nomination without a large majority of
super delegates trending in her direction.
Please tell me you're not basing your self-convincing Obama is going
to win for sure on "trending."
That's not happening.
Pennsylvania won't change that.  Don't say I didn't tell ya.
Not to worry, I would never say that.
Keeping it on topic,
Post by i***@hotmail.com
compare your argument to last night's basketball game.  Should the
Hornets have just conceded the game after they were down 30 in the
first half?
  Bad analogy.  The odds of Charlotte coming back were much higher than
Hillary's chances at winning the nomination.
She doesn't have as far to come back as they did. So the odds are not
much higher.
Think.  Obama needs far
less superdelegates than Hillary.  And again, the super delegates are
trending in significant numbers towards Obama.  That's a fact.  Hillary
can't change the rules, as much as she and her die-hard followers
believe she can.
We'll see how your "prediction" holds up come convention time.
Post by i***@hotmail.com
There is plenty of time for all Democrats to unite after one candidate
is decided upon.  All this talk from both Obama's supporters and
Hillary's supporters about not supporting the candidate chosen if it
isn't THEIR candidate is just saber rattling, full of sound and fury
signifying nothing.
Well, not on the black voter side.
I can't speak for black voters...or white voters for that matter...I
can only speak on what I read and see on news programs. I'm not a
political insider, and from what I've read of yoru posts, neither are
you.
Hillary's race baiting may not be
seen by you and other Hillary obsessives, but the majority of black
people know the score here.
Really? How would you know? How many black voters have you polled?
And how are black voters "trending" in your opinion. Do they see her
as a race baitor?
She won't have the ability to motivate them
"Them"? Hmmmmm.
to get out to the polls; she clearly has damaged herself there.
Furthermore, no one can inspire disenchanted Republicans to get out to
the polls more than Hillary.
How many disenchanted Republicans will be voting in the primaries do
you think?
Fortunately, the odds are so slim that she
can win this nomination that we don't have to worry about that >scenario.
Who's this "we" you keep referring to? You mean the others who live
with you in your Heaven's Gate Obama compound?
Post by i***@hotmail.com
support from all Democrats.
LOL  Now there's a pipe dream.  The Democratic Party is known
historically for not being particularly "united."
I think when it comes to replacing the Republican nightmare that has
run our country for the past 8 years there will be a lot of uniting
going on in the next election.
Duck!  There experience in a bullet overhead.  3AM in the morning,
except it's really 3PM.  Good ol' Billy says Hillary is gettin' a little
old.  He got that part right.
Yeah, well at least they aren't bitter and reaching for their bibles
like the folks in all the small towns.
-JC
Unabogie
2008-04-12 23:31:42 UTC
Post by Blazer Fan Dan
Post by Terraholm
Post by i***@hotmail.com
I guess it's been proven that seizing these kinds of opportunities
translates to votes, but wouldn't it be a pleasant change to see a
candidate run solely on their ideas and not counting on the other
candidate to screw up?
She is right to disagree and politics are hardball...
--
Laurel T
"How should we Democrats select the next presidential nominee?
Smoke filled rooms? Brokered convention? National primary?
Personally, I prefer jump shots from the top of the key."
--Bill Bradley
Nothing like taking what he said out of context.
The Clinton's have become like internet trolls in this campaign. But
hey, whatever makes them think they are going to win.
The funniest thing is that I'm certain that neither Laurel nor Dennis
would disagree with Obama if you asked them. Haven't we all been
saying that the reason blue collar workers vote Republican is that
they vote on wedge issues like guns, abortion, and gay marriage? Is
that news to anyone? "What's the matter with Kansas" anyone? And
isn't the reason why is that they don't think Democrats and
Republicans are all that much different except for the peripheral
issues like guns and religion, and never on economic issues? Am I
living in a parallel universe where Ralph Nader didn't actually run
for President on that very platform and get millions of votes? Where
Ross Perot actually lead in the polls for a while?

Anyway, it's silly, and it'll go the way of all the other gotcha
moments of the campaign. Obama has very skillfully taken these
attacks and turned them into opportunities to get free air time making
his case.

I mean, does anyone really think "Obama Attacked by Millionaire
Opponents as 'Elitist'" is a winning strategy?

Please.

President Obama. Get used to it.
Terraholm
2008-04-12 23:46:59 UTC
Post by Unabogie
Post by Blazer Fan Dan
Nothing like taking what he said out of context.
The Clinton's have become like internet trolls in this campaign. But
hey, whatever makes them think they are going to win.
The funniest thing is that I'm certain that neither Laurel nor Dennis
would disagree with Obama if you asked them.
So I am a small town person that has watched all the jobs disappear. I do
not cling in bitterness to my religion, have not turned into a bigot about
people not like me, nor do I have to go out and shoot things to take out my
frustration at washington for not 'fixing' my town...
Post by Unabogie
Haven't we all been
saying that the reason blue collar workers vote Republican is that
they vote on wedge issues like guns, abortion, and gay marriage?
He was addressing the blue collar workers in blue collar towns that have no
blue collar jobs. They are not 'bitter' because they are working...
Post by Unabogie
I mean, does anyone really think "Obama Attacked by Millionaire
Opponents as 'Elitist'" is a winning strategy?
In rural Pennsylvania?
Post by Unabogie
Please.
President Obama. Get used to it.
Anyone but bush..... but I will not be among the disillusioned as he turns
out to be just more of the corporate side of the democratic party and
dropping any reform that stubs his toes...
--Bill Bradley
Unabogie
2008-04-13 00:08:59 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by Unabogie
Post by Blazer Fan Dan
Nothing like taking what he said out of context.
The Clinton's have become like internet trolls in this campaign. But
hey, whatever makes them think they are going to win.
The funniest thing is that I'm certain that neither Laurel nor Dennis
would disagree with Obama if you asked them.
So I am a small town person that has watched all the jobs disappear. I do
not cling in bitterness to my religion, have not turned into a bigot about
people not like me, nor do I have to go out and shoot things to take out my
frustration at washington for not 'fixing' my town...
He's not talking about you. He's talking about people who should be
natural Democrats but aren't. You're just a Hillary lover, which is
only like a 1 on the nut scale.

I kid!

I kid!
Post by Terraholm
Post by Unabogie
Haven't we all been
saying that the reason blue collar workers vote Republican is that
they vote on wedge issues like guns, abortion, and gay marriage?
He was addressing the blue collar workers in blue collar towns that have no
blue collar jobs. They are not 'bitter' because they are working...
It's not about working or not working. It's about working for half of
what you got for the same job. And blaming the Mexicans instead of
the corporations who shipped your old job overseas.
Post by Terraholm
Post by Unabogie
I mean, does anyone really think "Obama Attacked by Millionaire
Opponents as 'Elitist'" is a winning strategy?
In rural Pennsylvania?
Anywhere. Will two multi-millionaires really be able to attack Obama
as some rich guy?
Post by Terraholm
Post by Unabogie
Please.
President Obama. Get used to it.
Anyone but bush..... but I will not be among the disillusioned as he turns
out to be just more of the corporate side of the democratic party and
dropping any reform that stubs his toes...
We'll see. But glad you're not part of the 30% of Hill supporters who
claim to support McAngry.
--Bill Bradley
Terraholm
2008-04-13 01:24:16 UTC
Post by Unabogie
Post by Terraholm
Post by Unabogie
Post by Blazer Fan Dan
Nothing like taking what he said out of context.
The Clinton's have become like internet trolls in this campaign.
But hey, whatever makes them think they are going to win.
The funniest thing is that I'm certain that neither Laurel nor
Dennis would disagree with Obama if you asked them.
So I am a small town person that has watched all the jobs disappear.
I do not cling in bitterness to my religion, have not turned into a
bigot about people not like me, nor do I have to go out and shoot
things to take out my frustration at washington for not 'fixing' my
town...
He's not talking about you. He's talking about people who should be
natural Democrats but aren't.
He is talking about the voters in the democratic party that will be voting
in the democratic primary in Penn...
Post by Unabogie
Post by Terraholm
Post by Unabogie
Haven't we all been
saying that the reason blue collar workers vote Republican is that
they vote on wedge issues like guns, abortion, and gay marriage?
He was addressing the blue collar workers in blue collar towns that
have no blue collar jobs. They are not 'bitter' because they are
working...
It's not about working or not working. It's about working for half of
what you got for the same job. And blaming the Mexicans instead of
the corporations who shipped your old job overseas.
Did you actually read it?
Post by Unabogie
Post by Terraholm
Post by Unabogie
I mean, does anyone really think "Obama Attacked by Millionaire
Opponents as 'Elitist'" is a winning strategy?
In rural Pennsylvania?
Anywhere. Will two multi-millionaires really be able to attack Obama
as some rich guy?
Obama and his wife have made 2.6 mil for 05 and 06... bet he made a couple
of mil last year off his book alone...
To someone that is working for $7 an hour when their 1980s $20 an hour
manufacturing job went to canada or china is not going to feel that he is
coming from their neighborhood when being told they are bitter and hanging
on bigotry and religion...
Post by Unabogie
Post by Terraholm
Post by Unabogie
Please.
President Obama. Get used to it.
Anyone but bush..... but I will not be among the disillusioned as
he turns out to be just more of the corporate side of the democratic
party and dropping any reform that stubs his toes...
We'll see. But glad you're not part of the 30% of Hill supporters who
claim to support McAngry.
Not going to happen.
--
Laurel T
"The real victims of Fox News weren't the liberals it attacked,
Nickolas D. Kristof
bozak
2008-04-13 00:17:03 UTC
Post by Unabogie
Post by Blazer Fan Dan
Post by Terraholm
Post by i***@hotmail.com
I guess it's been proven that seizing these kinds of opportunities
translates to votes, but wouldn't it be a pleasant change to see a
candidate run solely on their ideas and not counting on the other
candidate to screw up?
She is right to disagree and politics are hardball...
--
Laurel T
"How should we Democrats select the next presidential nominee?
Smoke filled rooms? Brokered convention? National primary?
Personally, I prefer jump shots from the top of the key."
--Bill Bradley
Nothing like taking what he said out of context.
The Clinton's have become like internet trolls in this campaign. But
hey, whatever makes them think they are going to win.
The funniest thing is that I'm certain that neither Laurel nor Dennis
would disagree with Obama if you asked them.
and deep down im thinking if you really thought about it after looking at
their voting records that all three "candidates" are scum bags...

its just funny how obama is the mlk jesus figure come to save us all...

the obamians hate it when you show them their candidate is just as flawed
as the others...

he said what he said because he "is" a corporate elitest... thats just pretty much
the truth of the matter...

Ice Cube - No Vaseline
Avant Grape
2008-04-13 00:47:27 UTC
Post by bozak
Post by Unabogie
Post by Blazer Fan Dan
Post by Terraholm
Post by i***@hotmail.com
[...]
Oh geez, who the hell isn't "flawed?" Duh!

This idea that those of that are supporting Obama because we believe he
is some kind of savior is pure fiction; these are Hillary talking points
in fact.
Post by bozak
he said what he said because he "is" a corporate elitest...
If he's a "corporate elitist," he's a whole lot less stinky in that
regard than Hillary. Hey, but if you think organizing on the streets of
Chicago and fighting for civil rights is at the same level as being of
the BOD of Wal-Mart, have at it. Truth is, Hillary is the most
"corporate" presidential candidate in our history. Meanwhile, the great
majority of Obama's donations come from private citizens: the largest
number in US election history in fact. Is Obama going to take into
consideration the interests of corporate American when determining
economic policy? Of course!
Post by bozak
thats just pretty much
the truth of the matter...
Deep mon.

-JC
f***@aol.com
2008-04-13 18:37:36 UTC
Post by bozak
the obamians hate it when you show them their candidate is just as flawed
as the others...
He may be. But if that is the case it makes the case for him even
better. At least he has the talent
to make people at least have a touch of hope for the future.
bozak
if you want hope go to church...
Terraholm
2008-04-13 19:48:47 UTC
Post by f***@aol.com
Post by bozak
the obamians hate it when you show them their candidate is just as
flawed as the others...
He may be. But if that is the case it makes the case for him even
better. At least he has the talent
to make people at least have a touch of hope for the future.
I am tired of americans falling in tune with rhetoric... even if the
rhetoric is not selling a war this time...
--
Laurel T
"If you love wealth more than liberty,
were our countrymen." Samuel Adams
bozak
maybe theyre just "dreamers"... :-)
f***@aol.com
2008-04-13 20:02:54 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by f***@aol.com
Post by bozak
the obamians hate it when you show them their candidate is just as
flawed as the others...
He may be. But if that is the case it makes the case for him even
better. At least he has the talent
to make people at least have a touch of hope for the future.
I am tired of americans falling in tune with rhetoric... even if the
rhetoric is not selling a war this time...
--
I'm tired of Americans who allowed the democratic party to become
republican lite. I'm tired of Americans who sell the Clinton's sense
that.
Unabogie
2008-04-13 20:07:31 UTC
Post by f***@aol.com
Post by Terraholm
Post by f***@aol.com
Post by bozak
[...]
Fox News asked some folks about it.

http://wordpress.com/v/PgkyNxBZ

Wow, this is playing really badly for Obama.

I hear Hillary is going from Rocky Balboa to Elmer Fudd, so at least
there's that.
bozak
2008-04-13 20:08:28 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by f***@aol.com
Post by bozak
[...]

funny thing is, you started out great... i too am tired of a democratic party
that is nothing more than republikkkon light...

then you go and fuck it up by acting as if a guy who voted to keep the patriot
act and refused to vote against a bill limiting how much credit card companies
can rake us over the coals with is some kind of hero...

its a jumbo-shrimp argument if it ever was one... :-(
f***@aol.com
at least Obama provides the lube and reach around.
bozak

must be during the dream... :-)
Terraholm
2008-04-13 21:23:12 UTC
Post by f***@aol.com
Post by Terraholm
Post by f***@aol.com
Post by bozak
the obamians hate it when you show them their candidate is just as
flawed as the others...
He may be. But if that is the case it makes the case for him even
better. At least he has the talent
to make people at least have a touch of hope for the future.
I am tired of americans falling in tune with rhetoric... even if the
rhetoric is not selling a war this time...
--
I'm tired of Americans who allowed the democratic party to become
republican lite.
Well we are already past curing that in this election...
Post by f***@aol.com
I'm tired of Americans who sell the Clinton's sense
of entitlement as if it were a virtue. Does BUsh-Clinton-Bush-Clinton
sound like the way ti should be?
A lot better than Bush-Clinton-Bush-McBush
Post by f***@aol.com
In the 40th year anniversaries of
the deaths of MLK and RFK
I was here in 1968... baqck when I could 'just fall in love' with a
candidate...
Post by f***@aol.com
I see it fitting that the "rhetoric" of hope
will finally be given the chance that was stolen from us all those
years ago. Plus how much worse can it get? Either way folks like me
who stopped voting dem years ago win. Either Obama wins or the
democratic party finally rips itself asunder allowing the necessary
future rise of legitimate third party. Selling war? Hillary allowed
that.
Hillary allowed it? So if she had voted no the Iraq war never would have
happened? Obama claims he would not have voted for it. But he was not sold
the bill behind closed doors either.
In his campaign for the senate Obama said he would not have voted for the
funding...in the senate he did so every time.

Iraq is my top issue and I do not trust either of them but I think Hillary
has the most political reasons to actually get us out.
Her legacy will depend on it.
Obama is going to let the military control it instead of setting the policy
and telling them to get it done. His web site reads a timetable while he
flips on it when asked and gives the republican line about the 'comanders on
the ground'....the very ones that are left after bush has fired the ones
that do not go along with the war policy...
--
Laurel T
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president
downright moron." -H.L. Mencken, (1880 - 1956)
bozak
2008-04-13 21:34:46 UTC
Iraq is my top issue and I do not trust either of them but I think Hillary has the most political
reasons to actually get us out.
Her legacy will depend on it.
Obama is going to let the military control it instead of setting the policy and telling them to
get it done. His web site reads a timetable while he flips on it when asked and gives the
republican line about the 'comanders on the ground'....the very ones that are left after bush has
fired the ones that do not go along with the war policy...
i will be surprised if someone can come along with a good argument
for this...
Terraholm
we can hope... =)
$Bill
2008-04-14 06:25:29 UTC
Post by f***@aol.com
I'm tired of Americans who allowed the democratic party to become
republican lite. I'm tired of Americans who sell the Clinton's sense
of entitlement as if it were a virtue. Does BUsh-Clinton-Bush-Clinton
sound like the way ti should be? In the 40th year anniversaries of
the deaths of MLK and RFK I see it fitting that the "rhetoric" of hope
will finally be given the chance that was stolen from us all those
years ago. Plus how much worse can it get? Either way folks like me
who stopped voting dem years ago win. Either Obama wins or the
democratic party finally rips itself asunder allowing the necessary
future rise of legitimate third party. Selling war? Hillary allowed
that.
I'm tired of not having any members to my FisConLib party - a replacement
for both of those parties with something that includes common sense.
MoMo
2008-04-14 16:04:40 UTC
I've grown tired of Hillary's incomptent running of her campaign. She
earned defeat. No one with the last name Clinton should have to loan
her own campaign money. She was a heavy favorite and got completely
out manuvered. Bill Clinton destroyed their chance at the black vote
with his "Jesse Jackson won in South Carolina" comment. Most black
people (I am one and talk to them about this stuff) see that as an
issue to write off Obama because he's just another black politician
who can't win the general election. Also, the entire kitchen sink
attack mode thing was ridiculous. When the general election comes
around, the Republicans will start using Hillary's talking points; the
fact that Hillary used them will give them more validity. However,
this may not matter if Hillary manages to destroy all her credibility
the convention. Actually, she's getting close on that one. Who
forgets about running from sniper fire?! A bold faced lie.

I support a Obama, and I freely admit is not perfect. However, he
does have a campaign mostly funded by individual citizens. Some
allege that he won't pull out of Iraq. I doubt such a reversal. Any
democrat that doesn't drawn down troops (less than 100K) will lose
congress at the midterm. You can put money on it. After that, you
might become a lame duck...likely one-term president. His economic/
health policies aren't that different than Hillary's. I think his
health plan is more likely to pass than Hillary's. Once you use
"garnish" and "wages" in the same sentence you used gave the
healthcare industry all the ammo they need for ad campaign against
your plan. Hillary failed at making a healthcare plan before and
behavior has not convinced me that she has become less divisive or
secretive since that time. I think if she had been more openly
cooperative with other democrats or been willing to accept a proposed
alternative she might have gotten much more done instead of nothing.
At any rate, I think Obama is up to par on the issues. The only
argument there is that some people think he's just going to backtrack
on everything in office. As if any politician can get their entire
platform done in a single term? Congress moves too slow for that.
The minority party can always slow down the process through
fillibuster. I think an Obama presidency would accomplish a few
things: a draw down in Iraq, taking Afghanistan more seriously, some
housing help/reform, and an improvement in healthcare. I think he
would get that much done. That's all I need in the next 4 years. I'm
not one of those people that believe that the president can
miraculously fix the economy. Any renegotiation of NAFTA of other
stuff would take forever to pull off and could do as much harm as
good. The housing problem seems to be the biggest thorn in our side
now. Most of the problems I see with Obama I find not to be deal
breakers. All politicians at least bend the truth (that's why I'll
never be one). But, when you're trying pick the best option, you want
someone who can maintain their credibility and some semblance of
integrity. I think Obama's managed that so far. Hillary has failed
at this in my mind. Everything from sniper fire to Obama's "not
ready" to be commander and chief but a "great" VP option. Both ploys
are incredibly transparent and pandering. Don't get me started on
McCain. He is less capable (mentally/emotionally) than either Hillary
or Obama. I think he has more credibility than Hillary though. I
just completely disagree with his platform...
bozak
2008-04-14 20:01:20 UTC
Post by MoMo
[...]
if the issues are being up to par on keeping the patriot act and being a
corporate shill, i agree...
MoMo
2008-04-14 20:25:39 UTC
Post by bozak
if the issues are being up to par on keeping the patriot act and being a
corporate shill, i agree...- Hide quoted text -
What are you talking about...ALL THREE of them voted to reauthorize
the Patriot Act! Although, both Clinton and Obama made comments that
the legislation needed to be improved, but to vote no would actually
create security issue. You noticed that the Patriot Act isn't
permanent?

How is he corporate?
His gigantic $93/donation average in march?
All politicians are influenced by business presence. Remember how much
the economy effects voting? But, I think we have less to worry about
with Obama than Hillary (who has conflict of interest problems) and
McCain (has a trend of issues with lobbyists).
bozak
2008-04-14 21:32:16 UTC
Post by MoMo
Post by bozak
if the issues are being up to par on keeping the patriot act and being a
corporate shill, i agree...- Hide quoted text -
What are you talking about...ALL THREE of them voted to reauthorize
the Patriot Act!
precisely...
Post by MoMo
Although, both Clinton and Obama made comments that
the legislation needed to be improved, but to vote no would actually
create security issue. You noticed that the Patriot Act isn't
permanent?
doesnt need to be if those asses keep voting for it...
Post by MoMo
How is he corporate?
refused to vote against credit card corporations when it came to limiting
them to gouging clients to 30%...
Post by MoMo
His gigantic $93/donation average in march?
All politicians are influenced by business presence. Remember how much
the economy effects voting? But, I think we have less to worry about
with Obama than Hillary (who has conflict of interest problems) and
McCain (has a trend of issues with lobbyists).
we have as much to worry about with both demons, and a tad more with
the republikkkon...
Terraholm
2008-04-12 23:31:50 UTC
Post by Blazer Fan Dan
Nothing like taking what he said out of context.
You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small
towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's
replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the
Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that
somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. So it's
not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or
antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or
anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

Um, now these are in some communities, you know. I think what you'll find
is, is that people of every background - there are gonna be a mix of people,
you can go in the toughest neighborhoods, you know working-class lunch-pail
folks, you'll find Obama enthusiasts. And you can go into places where you
think I'd be very strong and people will just be skeptical.

So he is saying if their jobs got shipped to china then they hide behind
these things because they can not figure out that Washingington is to blame?

Or that these little bitter small town people who have become bigots and
have to cling to religion are skeptical of him because of the clintons and
Bushies...I see...

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/US_Elections_2008/0,,2-10-2339_2304903,00.html

"It's being reported that my opponent said that the people of Pennsylvania
who faced hard times are bitter," she said at a campaign event.

"Well, that's not my experience. As I travel around Pennsylvania, I meet
people who are resilient, who are optimistic, who are positive, who are
rolling up their sleeves.

"Pennsylvanians don't need a president who looks down on them."

But Obama denied the comments showed he was "out of touch".

"No, I'm in touch. I know exactly what's going on ... People are fed-up," he
said.

"They're angry and they're frustrated and they're bitter. And they want to
see a change in Washington and that's why I'm running for President of the
United States of America."
Terraholm
2008-04-13 00:01:01 UTC
Post by Blazer Fan Dan
Nothing like taking what he said out of context.
Here is the full context. He was talking to a group of fundraisers about how
to sell himself to these people he so then cleverly described:

"The places where we are going to have to do the most work are the places
where people are most cynical about government ... everybody just ascribes
it to 'white working-class don't wanna work -- don't wanna vote for the
Black guy.' ... There were intimations of that in an article in the Sunday
New York Times today -- kind of implies that it's sort of a race thing.

"In a lot of these communities in big industrial states like Ohio and
Pennsylvania, people have been beaten down so long. They feel so betrayed by
government that when they hear a pitch that is premised on not being cynical
about government, then a part of them just doesn't buy it. And when it's
delivered by -- it's true that when it's delivered by a 46-year-old black
man named Barack Obama, then that adds another layer of skepticism,"

"So the questions you're most likely to get about me, 'Well, what is this
guy going to do for me? ... we'll give you talking points about what we're
proposing -- to close tax loopholes ... roll back the tax cuts for the top
on perent. Obama's gonna give tax breaks to uh middle-class folks and we're
gonna provide healthcare for every American.

"Our challenge is to get people persuaded that we can make progress when
there's not evidence of that in their daily lives. You go into some of these
small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest,
the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And
they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration,
and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities
are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they
get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't
like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to
explain their frustrations.

"Now these are in some communities, you know. I think what you'll find is,
is that people of every background -- there are gonna be a mix of people,
you can go in the toughest neighborhoods, you know working-class lunch-pail
folks, you'll find Obama enthusiasts. And you can go into places where you
think I'd be very strong and people will just be skeptical."

===

Blogger Mayhill Fowler also provided an audiotape of the remarks. Fowler
told CNN she was at the closed fund-raiser because she donated $2,300 to
Obama's campaign. On Sunday, she had written a shorter column revealing
Obama's speculating about possible vice-presidential running-mates but did
not say anything about the controversial comments on small-town Pennsylvania
residents.

"Frankly, I didn't want to bring down the campaign," Fowler told CNN. "Then
I thought about it . . . the remarks bothered me enough that I wanted to
write them up."

Laurel
--
"Heaven grew weary of the excessive pride
and luxury of China....I am from the Barbaric North.
Chingis Khan
Avant Grape
2008-04-13 00:08:32 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by Blazer Fan Dan
[...]
Sounds like Obama is on point. Hillary thinks no differently in fact.
But she'll use anything to try to wiggle out of all the "mis-statements"
she's made over the course of this campaign. She sure agrees with John
McCain a lot, I tell ya. I'm beyond being angry at the Clintons at this
point though. I almost am starting to feel sorry for them. The Clinton
legacy will look a lot weaker after this, and rightfully so. They have
no true convictions and this campaign has exposed that fact to a great
number of Democrats. Remember, Obama had no corporate backing or
organization when this campaign started. He's defeating the Clinton
machine in what is one of the largest upsets in political history. It's
a beautiful thing to behold.

Duck! Hillary's experience just flew by.

-JC
chatnoir
2008-04-14 21:22:07 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Post by bozak
[...]
http://www.oldamericancentury.org/

McCain & Hillary label Obama an "Elitist". Let's make this really
clear: Obama, product of a single-parent household made close to a
million bucks last year. McCain, son of Admiral McCain, owns part of
the Ariz. Diamondbacks and Clinton, former Wal-Mart board member,
first lady, and NY Senator, earned over $100 million in the last 6
years.6 years. 4-12

http://www.hyerstandard.com/2008/04/mccain-hillary-label-obama-elitist.html

4/12/08
McCain & Hillary Label Obama an "Elitist": The Irony Here Is Comical

Both Hillary Clinton and John McCain have found themselves a new piece
of red meat that they are attacking like pit bulls --and by red meat I
mean a new comment made by Sen. Barack Obama regarding the retreat to
guns, and religion, stemming from possible bitterness towards one
economical, and social situation worsening. Subsequently the
statements have been spun, twisted, and turned upside down, so
furiously from both Hillary and McCain, who are comfortably perched
high atop their ivory towers, that the media seems to be adopting
their asinine reasoning behind the "elitist" attack.

It's now become a bye-product of what I like to call, "The Fox News
Fallacy" (Democrat obnoxiously labeled with a 30-40 second clip which
is run on a loop with commentators constantly piling on the bandwagon
with no real debate.), a syndrome which has riddled our media for
years now. That said, I find it equally nauseating that either Hillary
"my speaking fees cost more then your house" Clinton, or John "I
ditched my first wife for the pill popping, beauty pageant entering,
heiress to a beer fortune" McCain would have the gall to label anyone
an "elitist" and still be able to look at themselves in the mirror
every morning.

The more I hear this new "elitist" smear coming from Queen Hillary and
old man Walnuts (McCain for you who are slow), I cannot help but see
unrivaled levels of political and social hypocrisy, so much so, that
it almost appears to be a joke (unfortunately it's not.) Case in
point: Hillary Clinton seriously calling Barack Obama an elitist? I
mean coming from a lady whose family's annual income shot up from
$358,000 in 2000 to $16 million one year later, and since 2001, never
having her total family income dip below $7.9 million, while reaching
a new high of $20.4 million last year alone, the label "elitist" is
not only irrational, it's a direct insult to the intelligence of
voters who are forced to listen to more unmitigated, attack politics.
I would love for Hillary to remind the voters what candidate is the
one most able to access large amounts of personal money, then talk
about how she lent her campaign $5 million in late February and has
since contributed more as she finds herself falling farther behind
Obama's proficient fundraising. In fact a simple comparison of Barack
Obama, and Hillary Clinton's total income by year:

(click image to enlarge)

I think it's fair to say that Clinton and Company would definition
fall into an "extraordinary" status based on their income, and when
you toss in her $3,500.00 per plate fund raisers, her billionaire
friends who took it upon themselves to write a threatening letter to
House Speaker Pelosi regarding the role of super delegates in the
primary process (basically they were doing Hillary's knee capping for
her). I mean the list of examples you could use in stating a claim
that Hillary is much more of an "elitist" then Sen. Obama is nearly
infinite, so we will move on to a great discussion that aired on CNN
last night:
Terraholm
2008-04-14 21:54:54 UTC
Post by chatnoir
Post by Terraholm
[...]
They are all members of the high end American "elite". She is more elite
than he is does not cut it as an argument. He is running to be the most
elite person in the world. Does not matter how many million they have...
"Elitist" is about attitude...
Just maybe those voters he was talking about just have it right...
--Bill Bradley
theBZA
2008-04-15 15:11:20 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by Terraholm
Post by chatnoir
Post by Terraholm
[...]
They do. They are bitter and they have good reason to be. The only
"elitist" attitude here are the ones lecturing bitter Americans on how
they aren't really bitter.
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time
I was learning to see.
Terraholm
2008-04-15 15:29:19 UTC
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
They are all members of the high end American "elite". She is more
elite than he is does not cut it as an argument. He is running to be
the most elite person in the world. Does not matter how many million
they have... "Elitist" is about attitude...
Just maybe those voters he was talking about just have it right...
They do. They are bitter and they have good reason to be. The only
"elitist" attitude here are the ones lecturing bitter Americans on how
they aren't really bitter.
He could have chosen a better word. But that is not the problem, lots of us
are rather disillusioned or downright pissed with the current government.
But he said that being bitter or frustrated or whatever at the government
not helping them has turned them into anti-immigrant and bigots against
people 'not like them' so they will not vote for him.... ...... if Hillary
had said that about the black neighborhoods how would that have gone over?
Besides the condescending 'clinging to their religion and guns'.
--
Laurel T
"New Jersey is completely different from
Rick Majerus on Van Horn being drafted by the Nets
bozak
2008-04-15 15:40:03 UTC
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
[...]
i think people are so caught up and frustrated that its easy for them to latch
themselves to the candidate of hope to the point that when their candidate
says what he really feels even though its ridiculous, they find that they have
to make some kind of excuse for him because he is apparently the new messiah,
and not some guy who doesnt give a fuck anymore than the other candidate...

you dont think i wished obama was better than hillary??? but shit, i dont have
the time to be bullshitted... thats all ive seen for the last eight years, it isnt any
different just because it comes in a demo package...
MoMo
2008-04-15 16:27:26 UTC
Post by bozak
you dont think i wished obama was better than hillary??? but shit, i dont have
the time to be bullshitted... thats all ive seen for the last eight years, it isnt any
different just because it comes in a demo package...
Sorry man. I have trouble buying this Obama is the same as Bush. I
can understand your concept of HIllary being the "safe bet" or the
"devil you know". However, I thought I knew the Clintons. but, their
recent behavior has caused me to doubt not only how well I know them
but has drawn attention to the weaknesses in the legacy. Their
handling of NAFTA (much of the damage done by it is almost
irreversible) would have to be high on the list. There was just a
rush for "free trade" that we failed to protect our labor or the labor
in other poorer nations. We lose jobs. They get jobs, but get
treated like trash (horrible pay, poor health conditions). In
hindsight, it might have been done better. I'm starting to doubt
whether Hillary would be able to pull of even the health care reform.
She is so uncompromising. I'm not sure it would get done before
2012. Obama platform is completely different, and, for him to mess up
as bad as Bush, he would have to completely renig on EVERYTHING. He
would be 1-term president for sure.
bozak
2008-04-15 16:43:42 UTC
Post by MoMo
Post by bozak
you dont think i wished obama was better than hillary??? but shit, i dont have
the time to be bullshitted... thats all ive seen for the last eight years, it isnt any
different just because it comes in a demo package...
Sorry man. I have trouble buying this Obama is the same as Bush.
didn't say he was... but he isn't any better than hillary... i could give a fuck
about anybody who voted to confirm condoskeezer rice, or votes to retain the
patriot act, or refuses to vote against the credit card companies...

his votes and hillary's arent that different... he does give a better i have a dream speech
though...
Post by MoMo
I can understand your concept of HIllary being the "safe bet" or the
"devil you know".
i dont think that is true either... im not a clinton fan in the least bit, i cant stomach either
of them... its just funny to me how obama is the saviour... its a huge crock if you ask me...
Post by MoMo
However, I thought I knew the Clintons. but, their
recent behavior has caused me to doubt not only how well I know them
but has drawn attention to the weaknesses in the legacy.
its a power grab, are you kidding me... yesterday they tried to pummel each other about
having a drink at a bar... seriously, that was the so called bombs they were dropping
yesterday... its corny as fuck... my problem with it is that the republikkkons will get
to steal another election (their third in a row) because the media is putting all this
bullshit out about how hillarys people wont vote for obama and obama's people wont
vote for hillary, and just from reading this newsgroup you can see that people are falling
for it... sickening...

Their
Post by MoMo
handling of NAFTA (much of the damage done by it is almost
irreversible) would have to be high on the list. There was just a
rush for "free trade" that we failed to protect our labor or the labor
in other poorer nations. We lose jobs. They get jobs, but get
treated like trash (horrible pay, poor health conditions). In
hindsight, it might have been done better. I'm starting to doubt
whether Hillary would be able to pull of even the health care reform.
bill clinton was the best republikkkon president ever, thats why they hate him
so...
Post by MoMo
She is so uncompromising. I'm not sure it would get done before
2012. Obama platform is completely different, and, for him to mess up
as bad as Bush, he would have to completely renig on EVERYTHING. He
would be 1-term president for sure.
he already has, just look at his speeches from week to week, they change just like
any other politician... he is no different from hillary, different from mccain, of
course, but not that much... i dont think hillary or barack is going to be in a hurry
to stop the war either once they get into office...

big business controls government...

how does big business control government??? take a look at the democratic leader
of the senate nancy pelosi... as soon as she gets elected leader of the senate this bitch
tells amerikkka that impeachment is off the table... WTF??? if any has ever deserved to
be impeached its the morons stealing money by the billions from us right now...

you dont think pelosi is going to get paid off by the bush-cheney retirement fund??? as
well as probably a bunch of other senators??? impeachment is off the table??? lol... our
government is ran by a bunch of thieves whose major concern is how can they pad thier
pockets with our cash, not to mention their crony buddies...

their is no democracy in this country and there is no credible leadership... people only
believe that there is because of tv... think about it, how many times have you heard in the
last month that the surge is working, only to be followed up later by a bombing that killed
30 people... there are more mercenaries than soldiers in iraq and we are paying for that too...
billions of dollars or oil and cash have been stolen...

everybody wants their piece of the take...
Unabogie
2008-04-15 16:48:47 UTC
Post by bozak
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
[...]
I just think you shut yourself off to the guy early on (based on his
comments on Reagan?), and haven't bothered to look into his
proposals. Specifically, his recent talk on the economy which focused
on re-regulating business, especially your business. I really like
his ideas on that. They remind me of the late Paul Tsongas, who also
suggested not only regulating business to avoid fraud and abuse, but
also targeting tax cuts based on good behavior. Do the right thing,
get a tax break. Do the wrong thing, get a penalty.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/post/samgrahamfelsen/gGBNsq

I don't think the guy is a messiah, for sure. But I think Clinton is
just not up to the task, as she's demonstrated with her loss in this
primary. She ran her campaign poorly, just like she did her first
foray into health care reform. She's exhibited a stubbornness and
s"scorched earth" tendency which is so reminiscent of Bush it's
scary. Rather than go out with dignity, she decided that it was
better to smear Obama with Republican talking points. Rather than
explain why her ideas are better, she's decided to spend her time
accusing Obama of being "elitist". What kind of happy horseshit is
that?

Anyway, I suggest you take a closer look at Obama's suggestions, since
he's the most progressive candidate of the three, and has run his
campaign with discipline and integrity. He hasn't blown all his
money, raised his war chest with donations averaging $96 per person.
He doesn't take PAC money. He's a thoughtful intellectual who talks
about the Constitution as if it means something. I liked Edwards
too. But now that he's out, I think Obama is pretty darn good. The
best candidate I've voted for, and the first that I can really get
behind.
MoMo
2008-04-15 17:02:39 UTC
how does big business control government??? take a look at the
democratic leader
of the senate nancy pelosi... as soon as she gets elected leader of
the senate this bitch
tells amerikkka that impeachment is off the table... WTF??? if any has
ever deserved to
be impeached its the morons stealing money by the billions from us
right now...

I do hear you. Did you hear about Pelosi's comment? She said that
superdelegates should go with the pledge delegate totals. Then, she
got a threatening letter from certain contributors to Clinton that
would...dial back their giving if she didn't "clarify" her
statements. At first, she was like "I'm not backing down". then, a
week later her stance mysteriously softened. I was like: "Nancy! Ah,
you let them buy you out!". Then, again, maybe that was a few years
before ^_-.
bozak
2008-04-15 17:04:38 UTC
Post by Unabogie
Post by bozak
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
[...]
ive looked at his voting record... i could care less about what he is
proposing... his stance seems to change on things as the wind blows...

there are three things that he has done that paint a true picture of who
he really is... he voted to confirm condoleeza rice, voted to retain the
patriot act, and refused to vote against corporate interests...

as for his voting record, shit looks like hillary's... i dont care about their
speeches and proposals... that doesnt mean jack shit to me...

i know that he used a guy that he knew the feds were after to help him
get into a house... i know the clinton's are dirty... i just dont thing barack is
any cleaner... they both stink to me...

i dont think either one will have us out of the war in a year because i think
they both can be bought or killed... you see i seem to think the dems are going
to take it up the ass again anyway... think about it, the last two elections were
stolen and their was no uprising in this country... that being the case, why wouldnt
they do it again??? i think all of this arguing over hillary and barack is just good
cover for another mindfuck...

i dont think for a minute that mccain will receive the necessary votes to win, but
what i do know is that the media is playing it up as if he is because of the animosity
between the two democrats... of course one of them will lose just like kerry and
gore and not do a fucking thing about it... probably end up paid off to keep their
mouth closed while the nation continues to get bent over without vaseline...

and btw, when candidates spend hundreds of millions of dollars to get elected,
how can that be a democracy??? isnt it really i can pay more to mindfuck the
stooooooooopid citizens of amerikkka than you can???
MoMo
2008-04-15 17:28:28 UTC
If I could get it passed, I would implement a certain number of Ad-
hours to campaigns. These ad-hours would be paid for by the
government not by campaigns. Thus, you wouldn't bee spending money on
TV or Radio ads. So, strategic use of your ad hours would be
critical. This would shift the focus to more to mailers, events, and
debates. I think this would decrease the money needed for campaigns
and encourage them to take more advantage of free TV publicity like
talks shows and so forth. It's not perfect, but it would cut down on
the money needed. I think the millions spent on TV ads by candidates
is unfortunate. However, it's one of the best weapons they have right
now....
theBZA
2008-04-15 17:45:17 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
They are all members of the high end American "elite". She is more
elite than he is does not cut it as an argument. He is running to be
the most elite person in the world. Does not matter how many million
they have... "Elitist" is about attitude...
Just maybe those voters he was talking about just have it right...
They do. They are bitter and they have good reason to be. The only
"elitist" attitude here are the ones lecturing bitter Americans on
how they aren't really bitter.
He could have chosen a better word.
Better in what way? The word is accurate. I don't see too many
Pennsylvania voters running around yelling that they aren't bitter.
Post by Terraholm
But that is not the problem, lots
of us are rather disillusioned or downright pissed with the current
government. But he said that being bitter or frustrated or whatever at
the government not helping them has turned them into anti-immigrant
and bigots against people 'not like them' so they will not vote for
him.... ...... if Hillary had said that about the black neighborhoods
how would that have gone over? Besides the condescending 'clinging to
their religion and guns'.
I lost count of the number of times she said that being a woman put her
at a disadvantage back in August.
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time
I was learning to see.
Terraholm
2008-04-15 20:35:53 UTC
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
They are all members of the high end American "elite". She is more
elite than he is does not cut it as an argument. He is running to
be the most elite person in the world. Does not matter how many
million they have... "Elitist" is about attitude...
Just maybe those voters he was talking about just have it right...
They do. They are bitter and they have good reason to be. The only
"elitist" attitude here are the ones lecturing bitter Americans on
how they aren't really bitter.
He could have chosen a better word.
Better in what way?
Frustrated angry works better. Bitter and what followed sounds like they
wallow in it.
Post by theBZA
The word is accurate. I don't see too many
Pennsylvania voters running around yelling that they aren't bitter.
Like they are running around saying they are?
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
But that is not the problem, lots
of us are rather disillusioned or downright pissed with the current
government. But he said that being bitter or frustrated or whatever
at the government not helping them has turned them into
anti-immigrant and bigots against people 'not like them' so they
will not vote for him.... ...... if Hillary had said that about the
black neighborhoods how would that have gone over? Besides the
condescending 'clinging to their religion and guns'.
I lost count of the number of times she said that being a woman put
her at a disadvantage back in August.
That realy answers my point...
--
"War is a racket"
Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient
http://www.warisaracket.com/
theBZA
2008-04-15 20:56:01 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
They are all members of the high end American "elite". She is
more elite than he is does not cut it as an argument. He is
running to be the most elite person in the world. Does not matter
how many million they have... "Elitist" is about attitude...
Just maybe those voters he was talking about just have it right...
They do. They are bitter and they have good reason to be. The only
"elitist" attitude here are the ones lecturing bitter Americans on
how they aren't really bitter.
He could have chosen a better word.
Better in what way?
Frustrated angry works better. Bitter and what followed sounds like
they wallow in it.
I think that no matter what he said Pill and McSame still would have
ganged up on him. Not to mention the press seems to love running him
down at every turn. It's really pathetic actually. I was a Hillary
supporter originally - I still prefer most of her policy details to his
(I think not having a mandate is the death knell for any form of public
health insurance - just as it would be for SSI) but she's shown so much
willingness to behave like a republican in this campaign that I can't
support her anymore.
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
The word is accurate. I don't see too many
Pennsylvania voters running around yelling that they aren't bitter.
Like they are running around saying they are?
Actually, yes. Amazingly, it ran on Fox News Channel. They interviewed
several voters in a number of towns in Pennsylvania and some of them
said they did feel exactly as Obama had described: that the Washington
elite had ignored them for too long and they were bitter about it.
Others said they were angry but maybe not bitter. Others said they were
fine. Do you really believe there are no bitter people in America?
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
But that is not the problem, lots
of us are rather disillusioned or downright pissed with the current
government. But he said that being bitter or frustrated or whatever
at the government not helping them has turned them into
anti-immigrant and bigots against people 'not like them' so they
will not vote for him.... ...... if Hillary had said that about the
black neighborhoods how would that have gone over? Besides the
condescending 'clinging to their religion and guns'.
I lost count of the number of times she said that being a woman put
her at a disadvantage back in August.
That realy answers my point...
It doesn't answer your point, it shows that your point is vitually
irrelevant.
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time
I was learning to see.
Terraholm
2008-04-15 21:17:26 UTC
Post by theBZA
Not to mention the press seems to love running him
down at every turn. It's really pathetic actually
That is a joke compared to what they do to Hillary... it is just the game
these days...
They have spent weeks telling us why winning Penn if it is Hillary is not a
win...a state we need come Nov...
Post by theBZA
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
But that is not the problem, lots
of us are rather disillusioned or downright pissed with the current
government. But he said that being bitter or frustrated or whatever
at the government not helping them has turned them into
anti-immigrant and bigots against people 'not like them' so they
will not vote for him.... ...... if Hillary had said that about the
black neighborhoods how would that have gone over? Besides the
condescending 'clinging to their religion and guns'.
I lost count of the number of times she said that being a woman put
her at a disadvantage back in August.
That really answers my point...
It doesn't answer your point, it shows that your point is vitually
irrelevant.
If the Clintons mention Jackson also won SC it is the race card (while they
report that 90% of blacks vote for Obama.. must be because they differ so
much on the issues)...when Obama says small town people will not vote for
him because they have "antipathy to people who aren't like them" no mention
of the "race card"... he skates?

We shall see as it gets drummed into the campaigns and blogs... That is the
problem with what he said and that he is trying to spin.... Not that they
are bitter or whatever, but that they are bigots wallowing in bitterness and
belittling their religion and hunting as something to 'cling' to.

Laurel
Chingis Khan
theBZA
2008-04-16 13:38:56 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
Not to mention the press seems to love running him
down at every turn. It's really pathetic actually
That is a joke compared to what they do to Hillary... it is just the
game these days...
Um right. Since the Bullets over Bosnia incident (which, IMO, completely
disqualifies her from being President) what has the press raked her over
the coals for? Do you really believe a week of "Bitter" is comparable to
3 days of "snipers on the runway"? The first is trivial and deserves no
press time. The second is truly relevant but virtually ignored. If
Hillary (and Bill) had had the sense to just shut up about it, it would
have disappeared in a day. The only coverage this gets is when they
bring it up.
Post by Terraholm
They have spent weeks telling us why winning Penn if it is Hillary is
not a win...a state we need come Nov...
Not sure what you're saying here. If Hillary wins Pa it's not really a
win? All I here in the press is the same thing we heard during Texas and
Ohio. That her small wins (if she actually did win Texas at all) were
huge comebacks. I don't get how winning by a couple of percentage points
after having a nearly 2:1 lead in the polls is a comeback but maybe this
is the way the Press likes to denigrate Hillary?
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
[...]
Oh yeah, he's skating right now on his comments about small town voters.
I guess if you think 24/7 coverage for a week is skating...
Post by Terraholm
We shall see as it gets drummed into the campaigns and blogs... That
is the problem with what he said and that he is trying to spin....
The problem is that he's trying to spin. He should go out and find those
12 people I saw on Fox News the other night and put them in commercials.
Let the bitter voters speak for themselves.
Post by Terraholm
Not that they are bitter or whatever, but that they are bigots
wallowing in bitterness and belittling their religion and hunting as
something to 'cling' to.
Haven't you ever noticed that most fervently religious people are the
ones who just suffered some kind of personal tragedy? Are you really
trying to say that people facing adversity *don't* cling to their
religion? Isn't that the primary function of religion? The man had the
balls to speak the truth and you and McSame can't do anything but try to
turn it into a negative.
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time
I was learning to see.
Terraholm
2008-04-16 14:34:33 UTC
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
Not to mention the press seems to love running him
down at every turn. It's really pathetic actually
That is a joke compared to what they do to Hillary... it is just the
game these days...
Um right. Since the Bullets over Bosnia incident (which, IMO,
completely disqualifies her from being President)
Embellishing how she got there is more important than she actually was
there... I see more voting for style over substance...
Obama has embellished a few stories himself....

How about how he campaigned for the senate saying he would not have voted
for the war nor to fund it...and then voted for all those funding bills...
Post by theBZA
what has the press
raked her over the coals for?
They really should find something new every day!

Since then income tax returns and how much was toasting and sipping a drink
in a bar and then having a beer was going to hurt her image. With Obama
claiming she might be drunk for the imfamous 3 AM phone call...
Post by theBZA
Do you really believe a week of
"Bitter"
The story broke friday afternoon. Many talking heads did not get their
chance until Monday...
Post by theBZA
is comparable to 3 days of "snipers on the runway"?
3 days? I am still hearing it. How many news cycles of constant hammering
did you want?
I think calling Americans bigots and clinging to their guns and religion a
lot worse than exaggeration in that story.
She apologized he is defending calling small town America bigots.
Post by theBZA
The
first is trivial and deserves no press time. The second is truly
relevant but virtually ignored.
Ignored? lol... how many news cycles does it take to qualify.
Post by Terraholm
They have spent weeks telling us why winning Penn if it is Hillary is
not a win...a state we need come Nov...
Not sure what you're saying here. If Hillary wins Pa it's not really a
win?
Yup. They say well if he gets within 8 points than she will not have lived
up to expectations and that is a win for Obama...
Post by theBZA
All I here in the press is the same thing we heard during Texas
and Ohio. That her small wins (if she actually did win Texas at all)
were huge comebacks. I don't get how winning by a couple of
percentage points after having a nearly 2:1 lead in the polls is a
comeback but maybe this is the way the Press likes to denigrate
Hillary?
So you also claim her wins were really not wins....I see.
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
[...]
Like you they just skip back to 'bitter' and ignore his calling them bigots.
No cries of "race card", not one I have heard.
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
We shall see as it gets drummed into the campaigns and blogs... That
is the problem with what he said and that he is trying to spin....
The problem is that he's trying to spin. He should go out and find
those 12 people I saw on Fox News the other night and put them in
commercials. Let the bitter voters speak for themselves.
lol... I am sure Fox could round up 12 people who think Bush is god...
perhaps she will counter with the ones that laughed at Obama's discription
and said if they had more money they would just buy more guns...
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
Not that they are bitter or whatever, but that they are bigots
wallowing in bitterness and belittling their religion and hunting as
something to 'cling' to.
Haven't you ever noticed that most fervently religious people are the
ones who just suffered some kind of personal tragedy? Are you really
trying to say that people facing adversity *don't* cling to their
religion? Isn't that the primary function of religion?
I should think not. How about clinging to guns, anti immigrant views and
having antipathy to people that are 'not like them'?
We have had our only two industries crash in my small town and none of it is
true here.....
Post by theBZA
The man had the
balls to speak the truth
I do not think it was correct, I think he has a misconception of small
towns.
Post by theBZA
and you and McSame can't do anything but try
to turn it into a negative.
Clinton saying Jackson won the SC primary was the truth. Indicating at worst
that the black vote went to Obama was a fact. But that was racist when
Bill said it...the same information was being reported constantly as polling
data and talking heads saying he was favored there because of the black vote
was not racist... only Bill was not allowed to mention it...
Nickolas D. Kristof
theBZA
2008-04-16 15:35:02 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
Not to mention the press seems to love running him
down at every turn. It's really pathetic actually
That is a joke compared to what they do to Hillary... it is just the
game these days...
Um right. Since the Bullets over Bosnia incident (which, IMO,
completely disqualifies her from being President)
Embellishing how she got there is more important than she actually was
"Embellishing" - that's good Laurel. Really good.

"You should be on his campaign since you are running his spin ignoring
the rest of it."

You know, I'm not even going to read any further. I like you and I
really don't want that to change. Hillary's "recollection" of the
landing in Bosnia was an outright lie and her spin on it goes beyond
"elitist." Your attempt to wave your hand over this incident and dismiss
it as "embellishment" really, really, really, disappoints me. So I am
going to stop at disappointed so I don't end up at disgusted.

And please, stop trying to paint me as some bug-eyed Obama supporter.
I'm not. I am disappointed with many of his policy positions and very
disappointed with his attempts to triangulate and suck up to every
voting bloc he can. This may make him just like Hillary and McSame but I
personally am looking for something different. Something better. Just
because I find Hillary more and more to be a selfish, conniving
political hack doesn't mean I am in love with Obama. Right now I find
him to be the least distasteful of the bunch - including Nader. But I
can think of about a half dozen democrats I'd rather vote for.
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time
I was learning to see.
Terraholm
2008-04-16 15:41:25 UTC
co-sign
theBZA
2008-04-16 16:04:25 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
You know, I'm not even going to read any further. I like you and I
really don't want that to change.
co-sign
Thanks. Can we agree do disagree and leave it at that? Somehow I suspect we
are both going to end up voting for the same person in November whether
they are our ideal candidate or not.
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time
I was learning to see.
Terraholm
2008-04-16 19:04:52 UTC
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
You know, I'm not even going to read any further. I like you and I
really don't want that to change.
co-sign
Thanks. Can we agree do disagree and leave it at that?
Sure.
It is obvious (to me at least) we are both looking at this stuff from a
bias formed over this campaign.
Post by theBZA
Somehow I
suspect we are both going to end up voting for the same person in
November whether they are our ideal candidate or not.
Absolutely. I will support Obama wholeheartedly, campaign for him and send
money. Hillary is no where near my ideal candidate either but I can vote
"For" either of them.
And I do not see much between them, I just think she is more likely to get
us out of Iraq, or at least faster....and will get more done the first
couple of years because she already knows the political ropes. Saying you
want to do things diferently and actually being able to do so against the
ingrained system I think will be a rude awakening for the Obama crew...
--Bill Bradley
Terraholm
2008-04-15 21:58:32 UTC
Post by theBZA
I was a Hillary
supporter originally - I still prefer most of her policy details to
his (I think not having a mandate is the death knell for any form of
public health insurance - just as it would be for SSI) but she's
shown so much willingness to behave like a republican in this
campaign that I can't support her anymore.
So instead of voting on the policies you think will be best for the country
you will vote for the personallity or campaign style you prefer... that
defines why Americans have been getting governments we are so bitter
about...
bozak
2008-04-15 22:03:19 UTC
Post by theBZA
I was a Hillary
supporter originally - I still prefer most of her policy details to
his (I think not having a mandate is the death knell for any form of
public health insurance - just as it would be for SSI) but she's
shown so much willingness to behave like a republican in this
campaign that I can't support her anymore.
So instead of voting on the policies you think will be best for the country you will vote for the
personallity or campaign style you prefer... that defines why Americans have been getting
governments we are so bitter about...
in a nutshell thats what its about to most people, style points...

sucks for the sane...
theBZA
2008-04-16 15:27:34 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
I was a Hillary
supporter originally - I still prefer most of her policy details to
his (I think not having a mandate is the death knell for any form of
public health insurance - just as it would be for SSI) but she's
shown so much willingness to behave like a republican in this
campaign that I can't support her anymore.
So instead of voting on the policies you think will be best for the
country you will vote for the personallity or campaign style you
prefer...
Absolutely, 100% incorrect. I voted for the person I thought had both
the best policies and was the most qualified.
Post by Terraholm
that defines why Americans have been getting governments we
are so bitter about...
No, Diebold explains it. But hey, whatever you need...
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time
I was learning to see.
Terraholm
2008-04-15 20:55:45 UTC
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
He could have chosen a better word.
Better in what way?
Politically
Post by theBZA
The word is accurate. I don't see too many
Pennsylvania voters running around yelling that they aren't bitter.
Fifty-six percent (56%) of voters nationwide disagree with Barack Obama’s
statement that people in small towns “cling to guns or religion or antipathy
to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade
sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." A Rasmussen Reports
national telephone survey found that just 25% agree with the Democratic
frontrunner while 19% are not sure.

Partisan and ideological differences suggest that the comments are more
likely to be a factor in the General Election than in the Primaries. A
plurality of politically liberal voters—46%--agree with Obama’s statement
while 33% disagree. Moderate voters take the opposite view and disagree by a
51% to 27% margin. Seventy-four percent (74%) of conservatives disagree with
Obama’s statement, only 12% agree.

Democrats are divided—34% agree with Obama and 43% disagree. Generally,
Obama supporters agree with him while Hillary Clinton’s supporters disagree.

Republicans overwhelmingly disagree with the statement and unaffiliated
voters disagree by a two-to-one margin.

Voters under 30 are evenly divided on Obama’s statement while their elders
strongly disagree. Fifty-three percent (53%) of African-Americans agree with
Obama’s statement while 29% disagree. White voters disagree by a 3-to-1
margin.

Forty-five percent (45%) say that Obama’s comments reflect an elitist view
of small town voters. Thirty-seven percent (37%) disagree. Republicans
overwhelmingly say that the statements are elitist and most Democrats
disagree. Among unaffiliated voters, 40% say they represent an elitist view
while 34% disagree.

People who have followed the story are much more likely than other voters to
disagree with Obama’s statements and to consider them elitist.

The survey also confirmed that the Obama campaign and its surrogates were
very shrewd to try and switch the conversation to whether or not people are
bitter and want change in Washington. Fifty-six percent (56%) of voters
agreed with Obama’s statement that “People are fed up. They're angry and
they're frustrated and they're bitter, and they want to see a change in
Washington.” Just 32% disagree. Most Democrats and most unaffiliated voters
agree with Obama on this point. Clinton’s campaign initially challenged
Obama’s use of the word “bitter” but quickly changed its focus to the more
controversial aspects of Obama’s statement.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/56_disagree_with_obama_s_comments_on_small_town_america
theBZA
2008-04-15 20:59:15 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
The word is accurate. I don't see too many
Pennsylvania voters running around yelling that they aren't bitter.
Fifty-six percent (56%) of voters nationwide disagree with Barack
Obama’s statement that people in small towns “cling to guns or
religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant
sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their
frustrations." A Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey found
that just 25% agree with the Democratic frontrunner while 19% are not
sure.
Well that's sure conclusive. Why don't you run the numbers for how many
Americans still to this day think Saddam Hussein had WMDs?

I've seen CNN and Fox News both go to towns in Pennsylvania and ask
people if they were bitter about how Washington had treated them over
the past 2 decades and many said yes. Some said no and other
equivocated. Do you really and honestly believe that there are no bitter
people in America? I mean that's like believing that Iraq is the central
front in the wore on terra because Osama bin Laden says it is.
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time
I was learning to see.
Terraholm
2008-04-15 21:38:25 UTC
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
[...]
I said that is not the problem he could have picked a better word. What do
you not understand about that?

--Bill Bradley
theBZA
2008-04-16 15:26:10 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
Post by Terraholm
Post by theBZA
[...]
What I don't understand is why a word that is not only accurate but that
has been vindicated by the actual people he described is somehow not OK.
Post by Terraholm
You should be on his campaign since you are running his spin ignoring
the rest of it...
I think his spin is off-base and cowardly. I've said so before. He
should have the balls to stand up and say "I said what I said and it's
correct and accurate." Then have some of the self-described bitter
people come on and explain why they are bitter and let them tell people
who they think is the real elitist. But he won't because he's as
cowardly as Hillary and McSame.
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time
I was learning to see.
MoMo
2008-04-15 15:14:36 UTC
Post by Terraholm
They are all members of the high end American "elite". She is more elite
than he is does not cut it as an argument. He is running to be the most
elite person in the world. Does not matter how many million they have...
"Elitist" is about attitude...
Just maybe those voters he was talking about just have it right...
I'm just not buying Hillary as the oh so humble type. She's claiming:
"Even though i have 20 to 50 times the money Obama does, I've stayed
humble and I'm less of an elitist". There are many forms of elitist
and one of them is pandering. Hillary does this constantly. The part
of the argument you're missing is that Obama grew up poor. He was on
food stamps once. He started off worse than any of them. Both McCain
(son of Admiral) and Hillary (son of business owner) were never poor
and have no idea what is like to be poor. Obama just paid off his
student loans a few years ago. When he worked as a community
organizer, he made 13K a year. I made more that that coming out of
North Carolina State. He came out of Havard. If ANY of the
candidates know what is like to be in a hard-working poor family, it's
Obama.
Post by Terraholm
refused to vote against credit card corporations when it came to limiting
them to gouging clients to 30%...
I've been looking that item up. Are you referring to the Bankruptcy
reform bill? Or it is another bill? Some bill have more than one
provision on them you know....
Terraholm
2008-04-15 20:44:53 UTC
Post by MoMo
Post by Terraholm
They are all members of the high end American "elite". She is more
elite than he is does not cut it as an argument. He is running to be
the most elite person in the world. Does not matter how many million
they have... "Elitist" is about attitude...
Just maybe those voters he was talking about just have it right...
"Even though i have 20 to 50 times the money Obama does, I've stayed
humble and I'm less of an elitist".
Elitist is snobish...they are all that too I am sure. But he said it...

There are many forms of elitist
Post by MoMo
and one of them is pandering.
lol...they all pander... he was making jokes about her drink at a bar and
having cameras there as pandering while being filmed bowling gutterballs
and feeding baby calves..
Post by MoMo
Hillary does this constantly. The part
of the argument you're missing is that Obama grew up poor. He was on
food stamps once. He started off worse than any of them. Both McCain
(son of Admiral) and Hillary (son of business owner) were never poor
and have no idea what is like to be poor.
Bill does and he is a big part of that money they made...
Post by MoMo
Obama just paid off his
student loans a few years ago. When he worked as a community
organizer, he made 13K a year. I made more that that coming out of
North Carolina State. He came out of Havard. If ANY of the
candidates know what is like to be in a hard-working poor family, it's
Obama.
Nothing worse than a reformed sinner... =)

====
Post by MoMo
Post by Terraholm
refused to vote against credit card corporations when it came to
limiting them to gouging clients to 30%...
I've been looking that item up. Are you referring to the Bankruptcy
reform bill? Or it is another bill? Some bill have more than one
provision on them you know....
That is part of Bozak's answer not mine.
Nickolas D. Kristof
bozak
2008-04-15 20:52:23 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by MoMo
Post by Terraholm
refused to vote against credit card corporations when it came to
limiting them to gouging clients to 30%...
I've been looking that item up. Are you referring to the Bankruptcy
reform bill? Or it is another bill? Some bill have more than one
provision on them you know....
That is part of Bozak's answer not mine.
he can scroll down to credit card interest rates:
***************************************

VERMONT IS SMART ENOUGH TO GET THE COMPLETE FACTS ABOUT OBAMA! READ!! (Burlington)

Reply to: comm-***@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-03-04, 10:12AM EST

The Obama Craze: Count Me Out by Matt Gonzalez, Feb. 27, 2008

Part of me shares the enthusiasm for Barack Obama. After all, how could someone calling themself a
progressive not sense the importance of what it means to have an African-American so close to the
presidency? But as his campaign has unfolded, and I heard that we are not red states or blue states
for the 6th or 7th time, I realized I knew virtually nothing about him.

Like most, I know he gave a stirring speech at the Democratic National Convention in 2004. I know
he defeated Alan Keyes in the Illinois Senate race; although it wasn't much of a contest (Keyes was
living in Maryland when he announced). Recently, I started looking into Obama's voting record, and
I'm afraid to say I'm not just uninspired: I'm downright fearful. Here's why:

This is a candidate who says he's going to usher in change; that he is a different kind of
politician who has the skills to get things done. He reminds us again and again that he had the
foresight to oppose the war in Iraq. And he seems to have a genuine interest in lifting up the
poor.

But his record suggests that he is incapable of ushering in any kind of change I'd like to see. It
is one of accommodation and concession to the very political powers that we need to reign in and
oppose if we are to make truly lasting advances.

THE WAR IN IRAQ

Let's start with his signature position against the Iraq war.. Obama has sent mixed messages at
best.

First, he opposed the war in Iraq while in the Illinois state legislature. Once he was running for
US Senate though, when public opinion and support for the war was at its highest, he was quoted in
the July 27, 2004 Chicago Tribune as saying, "There's not that much difference between my position
and George Bush's position at this stage. The difference, in my mind, is who's in a position to
execute." The Tribune went on to say that Obama, "now believes US forces must remain to stabilize
the war-ravaged nation - a policy not dissimilar to the current approach of the Bush
administration."

Obama's campaign says he was referring to the ongoing occupation and how best to stabilize the
region. But why wouldn't he have taken the opportunity to urge withdrawal if he truly opposed the
war? Was he trying to signal to conservative voters that he would subjugate his anti-war position
if elected to the US Senate and perhaps support a lengthy occupation? Well as it turns out, he's
done just that.

Since taking office in January 2005 he has voted to approve every war appropriation the Republicans
have put forward, totaling over $300 billion. He also voted to confirm Condoleezza Rice as
Secretary of State despite her complicity in the Bush Administration's various false justifications
for going to war in Iraq. Why would he vote to make one of the architects of "Operation Iraqi
Liberation" the head of US foreign policy? Curiously, he lacked the courage of 13 of his colleagues
who voted against her confirmation.

And though he often cites his background as a civil rights lawyer, Obama voted to reauthorize the
Patriot Act in July 2005, easily the worse attack on civil liberties in the last half-century. It
allows for wholesale eavesdropping on American citizens under the guise of anti-terrorism efforts.

And in March 2006, Obama went out of his way to travel to Connecticut to campaign for Senator
Joseph Lieberman who faced a tough challenge by anti-war candidate Ned Lamont. At a Democratic
Party dinner attended by Lamont, Obama called Lieberman "his mentor" and urged those in attendance
to vote and give financial contributions to him. This is the same Lieberman who Alexander Cockburn
called "Bush's closest Democratic ally on the Iraq War." Why would Obama have done that if he was
truly against the war?

Recently, with anti-war sentiment on the rise, Obama declared he will get our combat troops out of
Iraq in 2009. But Obama isn't actually saying he wants to get all of our troops out of Iraq. At a
September 2007 debate before the New Hampshire primary, moderated by Tim Russert, Obama refused to
commit to getting our troops out of Iraq by January 2013 and, on the campaign trail, he has
repeatedly stated his desire to add 100,000 combat troops to the military.

At the same event, Obama committed to keeping enough soldiers in Iraq to "carry out our
counter-terrorism activities there" which includes "striking at al Qaeda in Iraq." What he didn't
say is this continued warfare will require an estimated 60,000 troops to remain in Iraq according
to a May 2006 report prepared by the Center for American Progress. Moreover, it appears he intends
to "redeploy" the troops he takes out of the unpopular war in Iraq and send them to Afghanistan. So
it appears that under Obama's plan the US will remain heavily engaged in war.

This is hardly a position to get excited about.

CLASS ACTION REFORM:

In 2005, Obama joined Republicans in passing a law dubiously called the Class Action Fairness Act
(CAFA) that would shut down state courts as a venue to hear many class action lawsuits. Long a
desired objective of large corporations and President George Bush, Obama in effect voted to deny
redress in many of the courts where these kinds of cases have the best chance of surviving
corporate legal challenges. Instead, it forces them into the backlogged Republican-judge dominated
federal courts.

By contrast, Senators Clinton, Edwards and Kerry joined 23 others to vote against CAFA, noting the
"reform" was a thinly-veiled "special interest extravaganza" that favored banking, creditors and
other corporate interests. David Sirota, the former spokesman for Democrats on the House
Appropriations Committee, commented on CAFA in the June 26, 2006 issue of The Nation, "Opposed by
most major civil rights and consumer watchdog groups, this Big Business-backed legislation was sold
to the public as a way to stop "frivolous" lawsuits. But everyone in Washington knew the bill's
real objective was to protect corporate abusers."

Nation contributor Dan Zegart noted further: "On its face, the class-action bill is mere procedural
tinkering, transferring from state to federal court actions involving more than $5 million where
any plaintiff is from a different state from the defendant company. But federal courts are much
more hostile to class actions than their state counterparts; such cases tend to be rooted in the
finer points of state law, in which federal judges are reluctant to dabble. And even if federal
judges do take on these suits, with only 678 of them on the bench (compared with 9,200 state
judges), already overburdened dockets will grow. Thus, the bill will make class actions - most of
which involve discrimination, consumer fraud and wage-and-hour violations - all but impossible. One
example: After forty lawsuits were filed against Wal-Mart for allegedly forcing employees to work
"off the clock," four state courts certified these suits as class actions. Not a single federal
court did so, although the practice probably involves hundreds of thousands of employees
nationwide."

Why would a civil rights lawyer knowingly make it harder for working-class people to have their day
in court, in effect shutting off avenues of redress?

CREDIT CARD INTEREST RATES:

Obama has a way of ducking hard votes or explaining away his bad votes by trying to blame
poorly-written statutes. Case in point: an amendment he voted on as part of a recent bankruptcy
bill before the US Senate would have capped credit card interest rates at 30 percent. Inexplicably,
Obama voted against it, although it would have been the beginning of setting these predatory
lending rates under federal control. Even Senator Hillary Clinton supported it.

Now Obama explains his vote by saying the amendment was poorly written or set the ceiling too high.
His explanation isn't credible as Obama offered no lower number as an alternative, and didn't put
forward his own amendment clarifying whatever language he found objectionable.

Why wouldn't Obama have voted to create the first federal ceiling on predatory credit card interest
rates, particularly as he calls himself a champion of the poor and middle classes? Perhaps he was
signaling to the corporate establishment that they need not fear him. For all of his dynamic
rhetoric about lifting up the masses, it seems Obama has little intention of doing anything
concrete to reverse the cycle of poverty many struggle to overcome.

LIMITING NON-ECONOMIC DAMAGES:

These seemingly unusual votes wherein Obama aligns himself with Republican Party interests aren't
new. While in the Illinois Senate, Obama voted to limit the recovery that victims of medical
malpractice could obtain through the courts. Capping non-economic damages in medical malpractice
cases means a victim cannot fully recover for pain and suffering or for punitive damages. Moreover,
it ignored that courts were already empowered to adjust awards when appropriate, and that the
Illinois Supreme Court had previously ruled such limits on tort reform violated the state
constitution.

In the US Senate, Obama continued interfering with patients' full recovery for tortious conduct. He
was a sponsor of the National Medical Error Disclosure and Compensation Act of 2005. The bill
requires hospitals to disclose errors to patients and has a mechanism whereby disclosure, coupled
with apologies, is rewarded by limiting patients' economic recovery. Rather than simply mandating
disclosure, Obama's solution is to trade what should be mandated for something that should never be
given away: namely, full recovery for the injured patient.

MINING LAW OF 1872:

In November 2007, Obama came out against a bill that would have reformed the notorious Mining Law
of 1872. The current statute, signed into law by Ulysses Grant, allows mining companies to pay a
nominal fee, as little as $2.50 an acre, to mine for hardrock minerals like gold, silver, and
copper without paying royalties. Yearly profits for mining hardrock on public lands is estimated to
be in excess of $1 billion a year according to Earthworks, a group that monitors the industry. Not
surprisingly, the industry spends freely when it comes to lobbying: an estimated $60 million
between 1998-2004 according to The Center on Public Integrity. And it appears to be paying off, yet
again.

The Hardrock Mining and Reclamation Act of 2007 would have finally overhauled the law and allowed
American taxpayers to reap part of the royalties (4 percent of gross revenue on existing mining
operations and 8 percent on new ones). The bill provided a revenue source to cleanup abandoned
hardrock mines, which is likely to cost taxpayers over $50 million, and addressed health and safety
concerns in the 11 affected western states.

Later it came to light that one of Obama's key advisors in Nevada is a Nevada-based lobbyist in the
employ of various mining companies (CBS News "Obama's Position On Mining Law Questioned. Democrat
Shares Position with Mining Executives Who Employ Lobbyist Advising Him," November 14, 2007).

REGULATING NUCLEAR INDUSTRY:

The New York Times reported that, while campaigning in Iowa in December 2007, Obama boasted that he
had passed a bill requiring nuclear plants to promptly report radioactive leaks. This came after
residents of his home state of Illinois complained they were not told of leaks that occurred at a
nuclear plant operated by Exelon Corporation.

The truth, however, was that Obama allowed the bill to be amended in Committee by Senate
Republicans, replacing language mandating reporting with verbiage that merely offered guidance to
regulators on how to address unreported leaks. The story noted that even this version of Obama's
bill failed to pass the Senate, so it was unclear why Obama was claiming to have passed the
legislation. The February 3, 2008 The New York Times article titled "Nuclear Leaks and Response
Tested Obama in Senate" by Mike McIntire also noted the opinion of one of Obama's constituents,
which was hardly enthusiastic about Obama's legislative efforts:

"Senator Obama's staff was sending us copies of the bill to review, and we could see it weakening
with each successive draft," said Joe Cosgrove, a park district director in Will County, Ill.,
where low-level radioactive runoff had turned up in groundwater. "The teeth were just taken out of
it."

As it turns out, the New York Times story noted: "Since 2003, executives and employees of Exelon,
which is based in Illinois, have contributed at least $227,000 to Mr. Obama's campaigns for the
United States Senate and for president. Two top Exelon officials, Frank M. Clark, executive vice
president, and John W. Rogers Jr., a director, are among his largest fund-raisers."

ENERGY POLICY:

On energy policy, it turns out Obama is a big supporter of corn-based ethanol which is well known
for being an energy-intensive crop to grow. It is estimated that seven barrels of oil are required
to produce eight barrels of corn ethanol, according to research by the Cato Institute. Ethanol's
impact on climate change is nominal and isn't "green" according to Alisa Gravitz, Co-op America
executive director. "It simply isn't a major improvement over gasoline when it comes to reducing
our greenhouse gas emissions." A 2006 University of Minnesota study by Jason Hill and David Tilman,
and an earlier study published in BioScience in 2005, concur. (There's even concern that a reliance
on corn-based ethanol would lead to higher food prices.)

So why would Obama be touting this as a solution to our oil dependency? Could it have something to
do with the fact that the first presidential primary is located in Iowa, corn capitol of the
country? In legislative terms this means Obama voted in favor of $8 billion worth of corn subsidies
in 2006 alone, when most of that money should have been committed to alternative energy sources
such as solar, tidal and wind.

SINGLE-PAYER HEALTH CARE:

Obama opposed single-payer bill HR676, sponsored by Congressmen Dennis Kucinich and John Conyers in
2006, although at least 75 members of Congress supported it. Single-payer works by trying to
diminish the administrative costs that comprise somewhere around one-third of every health care
dollar spent, by eliminating the duplicative nature of these services. The expected $300 billion in
annual savings such a system would produce would go directly to cover the uninsured and expand
coverage to those who already have insurance, according to Dr. Stephanie Woolhandler, an Associate
Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and co-founder of Physicians for a National Health
Program.

Obama's own plan has been widely criticized for leaving health care industry administrative costs
in place and for allowing millions of people to remain uninsured. "Sicko" filmmaker Michael Moore
ridiculed it saying, "Obama wants the insurance companies to help us develop a new health care
plan-the same companies who have created the mess in the first place."

NORTH AMERICAN FREE TRADE AGREEMENT:

Regarding the North American Free Trade Agreement, Obama recently boasted, "I don't think NAFTA has
been good for Americans, and I never have." Yet, Calvin Woodward reviewed Obama's record on NAFTA
in a February 26, 2008 Associated Press article and found that comment to be misleading: "In his
2004 Senate campaign, Obama said the US should pursue more deals such as NAFTA, and argued more
broadly that his opponent's call for tariffs would spark a trade war. AP reported then that the
Illinois senator had spoken of enormous benefits having accrued to his state from NAFTA, while
adding that he also called for more aggressive trade protections for US workers."

Putting aside campaign rhetoric, when actually given an opportunity to protect workers from unfair
trade agreements, Obama cast the deciding vote against an amendment to a September 2005 Commerce
Appropriations Bill, proposed by North Dakota Senator Byron Dorgan, that would have prohibited US
trade negotiators from weakening US laws that provide safeguards from unfair foreign trade
practices. The bill would have been a vital tool to combat the outsourcing of jobs to foreign
workers and would have ended a common corporate practice known as "pole-vaulting" over regulations,
which allows companies doing foreign business to avoid "right to organize," "minimum wage," and
other worker protections.

SOME FINAL EXAMPLES:

On March 2, 2007 Obama gave a speech at AIPAC, America's pro-Israeli government lobby, wherein he
disavowed his previous support for the plight of the Palestinians. In what appears to be a
troubling pattern, Obama told his audience what they wanted to hear.. He recounted a one-sided
history of the region and called for continued military support for Israel, rather than taking the
opportunity to promote the various peace movements in and outside of Israel.

Why should we believe Obama has courage to bring about change? He wouldn't have his picture taken
with San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom when visiting San Francisco for a fundraiser in his honor
because Obama was scared voters might think he supports gay marriage (Newsom acknowledged this to
Reuters on January 26, 2007 and former Mayor Willie Brown admitted to the San Francisco Chronicle
on February 5, 2008 that Obama told him he wanted to avoid Newsom for that reason.)

Obama acknowledges the disproportionate impact the death penalty has on blacks, but still supports
it, while other politicians are fighting to stop it. (On December 17, 2007 New Jersey Governor Jon
Corzine signed a bill banning the death penalty after it was passed by the New Jersey Assembly.)

On September 29, 2006, Obama joined Republicans in voting to build 700 miles of double fencing on
the Mexican border (The Secure Fence Act of 2006), abandoning 19 of his colleagues who had the
courage to oppose it. But now that he's campaigning in Texas and eager to win over Mexican-American
voters, he says he'd employ a different border solution.

It is shocking how frequently and consistently Obama is willing to subjugate good decision making
for his personal and political benefit.

Obama aggressively opposed initiating impeachment proceedings against the president ("Obama:
Impeachment is not acceptable," USA Today, June 28, 2007) and he wouldn't even support Wisconsin
Senator Russ Feingold's effort to censure the Bush administration for illegally wiretapping
American citizens in violation of the 1978 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. In Feingold's
words "I'm amazed at Democrats . cowering with this president's number's so low." Once again, it's
troubling that Obama would take these positions and miss the opportunity to document the abuses of
the Bush regime.

CONCLUSION:

Once I started looking at the votes Obama actually cast, I began to hear his rhetoric differently.
The principal conclusion I draw about "change" and Barack Obama is that Obama needs to change his
voting habits and stop pandering to win votes. If he does this he might someday make a decent
candidate who could earn my support. For now Obama has fallen into a dangerous pattern of
capitulation that he cannot reconcile with his growing popularity as an agent of change.

I remain impressed by the enthusiasm generated by Obama's style and skill as an orator. But I
remain more loyal to my values, and I'm glad to say that I want no part in the Obama craze sweeping
our country.

Matt Gonzalez is a former president of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors.
theBZA
2008-04-15 15:10:16 UTC
Post by chatnoir
Post by Terraholm
Post by i***@hotmail.com
Post by bozak
if only he had a ball... i like what he said, to bad he had to
cower and run like a bitch when he saw what he said wasnt taken
the way he wanted it to be...
sig is apropo...
--
House Nigger gotta run and hide
Yellin Compton, but ya moved to Riverside
Ice Cube - No Vaseline
good at "sticking by what he said" yet backpedalling all at that
Post by chatnoir
html
4/12/08
McCain & Hillary Label Obama an "Elitist": The Irony Here Is Comical
Both Hillary Clinton and John McCain have found themselves a new piece
of red meat that they are attacking like pit bulls --and by red meat I
I'm thinking that if Obama wins the Dem nomination, McCain can name
Hillary as his running mate. They are virtually identical at this point.
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time
I was learning to see.
Fred
2008-04-13 00:47:09 UTC
Post by bozak
if only he had a ball... i like what he said, to bad he had to cower and run like a bitch when he
saw what he said wasnt taken the way he wanted it to be...
sig is apropo...
dude, you've become to Hillary what Goldberg is to Bush.

I had five people come up to me outraged about his comments. Not one of
them could tell me what they were.
--
-Fred

"Taking the ball out of bounds and waiting for the other team to get
back." -Phil Jackson, on Shaq's role in The Sun's "7 seconds or less"
offense.

http://freeloosedirt.blogspot.com/
bozak
2008-04-13 00:53:03 UTC
Post by Fred
Post by bozak
if only he had a ball... i like what he said, to bad he had to cower and run like a bitch when
he
saw what he said wasnt taken the way he wanted it to be...
sig is apropo...
dude, you've become to Hillary what Goldberg is to Bush.
I had five people come up to me outraged about his comments. Not one of them could tell me what
they were.
lets see, i have posted articles on both hillary and obama that shows them in a bad light...
you on the other hand tend to see obama as jesus or mlk or krishna knows who???

you are coming up on bootlicker status...

i will say this again, obama is no better than hillary... hopefully that will register with
you this time... it probably wont, but until the next time you show yourself as one who
thinks obama can do no wrong, this will just have to do...

toodles...

Ice Cube - No Vaseline
theBZA
2008-04-14 15:50:42 UTC
Post by bozak
if only he had a ball... i like what he said, to bad he had to cower
and run like a bitch when he saw what he said wasnt taken the way he
wanted it to be...
I think he was right at the outset. People are bitter. So who is more out
of touch? The man who speaks the truth about people being bitter or McSame
who is running around screaming that no one's bitter?

Obama had little choice but to "apologize" - the media was crucifying him.
Nothing more ironic that a bunch of old white men totally out of touch with
80% of America lambasting a black man for being out of touch.
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time