OT:Poll: Is Fox and Hate Radio Responsible for the Arizona Shooting
VicXnews
2011-01-11 17:34:22 UTC
Poll: Is Fox and Hate Radio Responsible for the Arizona Shooting
the answer is yes...

Live Poll
Fox "News" and Hate Radio are responsible for the Arizona shooting
* Strongly Agree
57%
Somewhat Agree
15%
Somewhat Disagree
1%
Strongly Disagree
25%
Other Explain
2%

Live Poll
The Tea Party is guilty of Cultural Terrorism, Political Terrorism and
Insurrection
* Strongly Agree
55%
Somewhat Agree
17%
Somewhat Disagree
2%
Strongly Disagree
26%
Other Explain

Hate TV like Fox "News" and Hate Radio led by people like O'Reilly,
Limbaugh and Beck puts us in danger, and is now in danger themselves.
Will they be forced to stop, or will criminal corporations and SCOTUS
give them more money to ferment hate, divisiveness and insurrection in
America.

My prayers are with the Arizona massacre victims and their family's I
heard the news as I came out of the Gym yesterday. I like everyone was
shocked. Politically we fight hard with each other but we in the end are
Americans. Are the Cultural Anti-humanist and corporatist poisoning the
minds of the weak, slow and insane in a way that will cause them to grab
America by the throat.

When Cultural anti-humanist Arizona Republicans passed a law to violate
the rights of Latino American citizens you had to know, that in addition
to disgracing the state, they were leading it to ruin.

Let's Go To The Video Tape

We saw the Palin Mob screaming death during her rally's, we warned you.
We have seen crazy's carrying guns to political events, we warned you, We
have seen Tea Party Republicans in Washington D.C. With Guns, we warned
you. But you did not listen. Now the worst has happened. To create or
permit a climate of hate and think that nothing is going to really happen
is foolhardy at best and criminal at worst.

All the facts are not in but my question, from what we know, is this. Is
the Tea Party guilty of Cultural Terrorism, Political Terrorism and
Insurrection? My second and maybe more important question for the nation
is what will the few sane Republicans who remain standing do about it.
Will they take their party back and what happens in America if they do
not?

There is a Bush/Mc Cain/Palin culture of violence legacy, that America
must get a grip on. Keith Olbermann makes this point naming names and
calling them to action or us the public to act if they fail. It is good
to hear a voice of sanity in what sometimes seems like a sea of insanity.
My fellow citizens, we must put and end to this!

iReader
SonicsR1/WAB
2011-01-11 18:26:04 UTC
Post by VicXnews
Poll: Is Fox and Hate Radio Responsible for the Arizona Shooting
the answer is yes...

The link must be so extreme-left-wing that you were to ashamed to
include the link.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
M B
Apparently
suleimanmd
2011-01-11 19:03:52 UTC
Yes.
Good at Drinking Beer
2011-01-11 20:06:02 UTC
Post by VicXnews
Poll: Is Fox and Hate Radio Responsible for the Arizona Shooting
the answer is yes...
Yes.

You guys are sick with lots of hate if you're blaming anyone other than the
mad man who pulled the trigger.
How in the world can fox be at fault, this is stretching things to far and
you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Terraholm
2011-01-11 20:45:38 UTC
Post by Good at Drinking Beer
Post by VicXnews
Poll: Is Fox and Hate Radio Responsible for the Arizona Shooting
the answer is yes...
Yes.
You guys are sick with lots of hate if you're blaming anyone other than
the mad man who pulled the trigger.
How in the world can fox be at fault, this is stretching things to far
and you should be ashamed of yourselves.
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/bill-moyers-journal-rage-radio
"I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could
kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I
think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and
I could just be choking the life out." -- Glenn Beck, May 17, 2005

Michael Reagan, son of the former president, suggested that people who
claim that "nine-eleven was an inside job," a U.S. government
conspiracy, deserve to die.

MICHAEL REAGAN: "Take them out and shoot them. They are traitors to this
country, and shoot them. But anybody who would do that doesn't deserve
to live. You shoot them. You call them traitors, that's what they are,
and you shoot them dead. I'll pay for the bullet."

Mother of man accused of threatening Pelosi blames Fox News

ELEANOR GIUSTI: Greg has -- frequently gets in with a group of
people that have really radical ideas and that are not consistent with
myself or the rest of the family and -- which gets him into problems.
And apparently I would say this must be another one that somehow he's
gotten onto either by -- I'd say Fox News or all of those that are
really radical, and he -- that's where he comes from.

Gregory Giusti allegedly "made dozens of calls" to Pelosi threatening
her not to support health care reform. On April 7, Los Angeles Times
reported that following Gregory Giusti's arrest: "Several federal
officials say the man made dozens of calls to Pelosi's homes in
California and Washington, D.C., and to her husband's business office.
The suspect allegedly recited her home address and said that if she
wanted to see it again, she should not support the healthcare overhaul
bill that was recently signed."

BECK: So, Speaker Pelosi, I just wanted to -- you gonna drink your
wine? Are you blind? Do those eyes not work? There you -- I want you to
drink it now. Drink it. Drink it. Drink it.

I really just wanted to thank you for having me over here to wine
country. You know, to be invited, I thought I had to be a major
Democratic donor or a longtime friend of yours, which I'm not.

By the way, I put poison in your -- no, I -- I look forward to all
the policy discussions that we're supposed to have -- you know, on
health care, energy reform, and the economy. [Glenn Beck 8/6/09]
===============

During a long conspiracy theory about a "super-national authority" that
will oversee U.S. financial institutions, Fox News contributor Dick
Morris asserted that because President Obama's policies are
"internationalist ... [t]hose crazies in Montana who say, 'We're going
to kill ATF agents because the U.N.'s going to take over' -- well,
they're beginning to have a case." [Fox News' Your World with Neil
Cavuto, 3/31/09]

===============

"The pieces that the president needs to control every aspect of your
life, to fundamentally transform America, will be finished. He'll have
them all," adding: "If health care does not pass, warning, those on the
left are going to become violent." [The Glenn Beck Program, 3/5/10]

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2010/1016/Did-Glenn-Beck-s-rhetoric-inspire-violence
October 16, 2010
Glenn Beck's attacks on the Tides Foundation are being linked to a
heavily-armed man's attempt to assassinate the progressive
organization's employees.
Specifically, his dozens of comments attacking the Tides Foundation are
being linked to the attempt by a heavily-armed man to assassinate
employees at the San Francisco-based foundation, which funds
environmental, human rights, and other progressive projects. The attack
in July was thwarted in a shoot-out with police in which two officers
were wounded.

Since then, alleged attacker Byron Williams has said in jailhouse
interviews that he wanted to “start a revolution.” Said beck was not to
blame but...

“I would have never started watching Fox News if it wasn't for the
fact that Beck was on there. And it was the things that he did, it was
the things he said that blew my mind.”

Some law enforcement officials agree.

"The Becks of the world are people who are venting their opinions and it
is inflammatory, it generates a lot of emotion and generates in some
people overreaction that apparently happened in the California case,"
Rich Roberts of the International Union of Police Associations, which
represents some 500 local police unions, told the progressive media
watchdog Media Matters for America. "Inflammatory speech has a tendency
to trigger those kinds of emotions."

Speaking of the alleged attack on the Tides Foundation by Byron
Williams, Rep. Peter King (R) of New York, senior Republican on the
Homeland Security Committee, said in an e-mail to Media Matters: “It is
important that everyone in public life, whether on the right or on the
left, realize that words have consequences.”

http://www.casavaria.com/cafesentido/2011/01/11/7197/conservative-campaign-to-justify-vitriolic-rhetoric-violent-threats/

Yesterday, malice-mongers Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh attacked liberals
for being outraged at the use of hate-speech and violent rhetoric. Beck
then spoke of the need to take action before it’s too late to stop the
fall of the Republic, while asking his listeners to use the gold-pawning
business that funds his programs.

Glenn Beck makes a fool of himself. On his website he has a picture of
himself holding a gun and the quote, ‘We must stand together against
violence.’ :\ The page is now conveniently taken down. Good thing
Internet nerds caught the picture.

BaSSiStiSt
2011-01-11 21:15:43 UTC
^ But, see...none of the above MATTERS, because the Arizona nutbag was
non-political.

And Rush said their hate speech was A-OK.
Swillabrew
2011-01-11 21:43:11 UTC
Post by BaSSiStiSt
^ But, see...none of the above MATTERS, because the Arizona nutbag was
non-political.
And Rush said their hate speech was A-OK.
I'm not ready to say Faux, Rush, et al. are responsible in the sense it's
all their fault. Hell, I'm not sure any of us can accept responsibility for
the actions of someone who thus far appears to be about as detached from
reality as is possible without crossing the line far enough to be
institutionalized.

I do find it interesting to watch the Right Wing media spin the hell out of
every aspect of this mess while at the same time chastising everybody else
for "jumping to conclusions". They certainly have their playbook memorized.

Go Blazers !
VicXnews
2011-01-11 22:52:56 UTC
Good at Drinking Beer
just like bush the abortion...we should make this brilliant gent presidunce
Terraholm
2011-01-12 00:35:35 UTC
It is likely WAB anyway.
VicXnews
2011-01-12 00:43:02 UTC
Post by Terraholm
Post by VicXnews
Good at Drinking Beer
just like bush the abortion...we should make this brilliant gent presidunce
It is likely WAB anyway.
really starting to feel sorry for him...everyone ignored this guy in AZ
hope his loved ones can get him some help =8-(
Good at Drinking Beer
2011-01-12 16:34:07 UTC
Post by VicXnews
Good at Drinking Beer
just like bush the abortion...we should make this brilliant gent presidunce
It is likely WAB anyway.
Oh come on now, I will never have that much time to spend. I was looking for
a Laker group and lurked here for awhile.
You guys just go off to far.
I don’t blame others for actions from whackos.
Terraholm
Whachos with hate political motives got them somewhere.
levi
2011-01-11 21:13:19 UTC
Post by VicXnews
Poll: Is Fox and Hate Radio Responsible for the Arizona Shooting
the answer is yes...
Yes.
You guys are sick with lots of hate if you're blaming anyone other than the
mad man who pulled the trigger.
How in the world can fox be at fault, this is stretching things to far and
you should be ashamed of yourselves.
This stuff is obvious to anyone with a clear,
objective mind.

"Within hours of the shooting spree in Arizona,
conservative blogs lit up with the news that the
suspect, Jared Loughner, was an aficionado of
Mein Kampf and the Communist Manifesto...
...As with so many of these fast-propagating
conservative memes, this one got its start on
Fox News."

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/01/how-glenn-beck-and-fox-news-successfully-painted-az-shooter-as-hitler-marx-devotee.php
Good at Drinking Beer
Its becoming clear thats for sure, you guys are no different.
BaSSiStiSt
2011-01-12 21:19:01 UTC
Post by Good at Drinking Beer
Its becoming clear thats for sure, you guys are no different.
Well, yeah, except of course for:

- Democrats don't offer M16 firing to get people to come to rallies
- Democrats don't publish websites with "target lists" (OK,
apparently Keith Olberman did...but he took it down and APOLOGIZED.)
- Democrats didn't disrupt town hall meetings to do the insurance
industry's bidding.
- "Don't retreat, reload"
- "Second Amendment remedies"
- Republicans haven't needed to meet with the FBI for additional
security in the new term.
- So far as I know, no Democrat has ever attended a political event
toting an assault rifle.

But, yeah, other than those things...
aluckyguess
2011-01-11 21:31:28 UTC
Post by VicXnews
Poll: Is Fox and Hate Radio Responsible for the Arizona Shooting
the answer is yes...
Yes.

You guys are sick with lots of hate if you're blaming anyone other than the
mad man who pulled the trigger.
How in the world can fox be at fault, this is stretching things to far and
you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Dude, there isn't enough beer in the world to understand the left wing
nutjobs in this group.
You will eventually give up like most of the sane people who visit.
These are people who believe and I mean truly believe they need someone to
take care of them.
BaSSiStiSt
2011-01-11 21:48:27 UTC
Post by aluckyguess
Dude, there isn't enough beer in the world to understand the left wing
nutjobs in this group.
You will eventually give up like most of the sane people who visit.
These are people who believe and I mean truly believe they need someone to
take care of them.
How do you honestly get from "We don't want you waving assault weapons
around and acting like f*cking neanderthals" to "OMG, I'm helpless,
please pay my bills and feed me"?

WTF does one have to do with the other? Your argument reeks of stale
canned dog food.
aluckyguess

the same way you blame fox news for some left wing nut job shooting someone.
BaSSiStiSt
2011-01-12 05:00:37 UTC
Post by aluckyguess
the same way you blame fox news for some left wing nut job shooting someone.
So your basic argument is that you make no sense?

Awesome.
M B
Politicizing tragedy. They only perceive when the right wing does it.
$Bill
2011-01-12 02:56:25 UTC
Post by VicXnews
Poll: Is Fox and Hate Radio Responsible for the Arizona Shooting
the answer is yes...
Yes.
IMO, the shooter is responsible/guilty of the crime and
Fox et al are accessories before the fact.

There are laws about inciting to riot you know. In NY for example:
"A person is guilty of inciting to riot when he urges ten or
more persons to engage in tumultuous and violent conduct of
a kind likely to create public alarm."
Johnny
2011-01-11 22:40:27 UTC
Post by VicXnews
Poll: Is Fox and Hate Radio Responsible for the Arizona Shooting
the answer is yes...
One of the conservative circle the wagons mantras is "There
is no evidence" connecting the violent speech to the violent
act. Well, there is evidence. It's called circumstantial
evidence. In a court of law circumstantial evidence alone
is sufficient to sustain a conviction. While the Tucson
tragedy has reasonable people urging a need for civility in
public discourse, demagogues raise their logically
fallacious defenses of the indefensible, blame their
accusers, and continue their demagogic appeals to fear,
anger, and hate.
VicXnews
2011-01-11 23:00:59 UTC
Post by Johnny
It's called circumstantial
evidence. In a court of law circumstantial evidence alone
is sufficient to sustain a conviction.
as I flipped through the channels one day I heard nutjob Nancy Grace reply
to a laywer who said to consider the physical evidence and Nancy said....
AWK...when will these defense attorneys forget about the physical evidence
when all the circumstantial evidence points to the suspect
of course I yelled out NEVER I HOPE and turned the channel(take that crap
to foxspews Nancy)
Johnny
2011-01-12 00:45:20 UTC
Post by VicXnews
Post by Johnny
It's called circumstantial
evidence. In a court of law circumstantial evidence alone
is sufficient to sustain a conviction.
as I flipped through the channels one day I heard nutjob Nancy Grace reply
to a laywer who said to consider the physical evidence and Nancy said....
AWK...when will these defense attorneys forget about the physical evidence
when all the circumstantial evidence points to the suspect
of course I yelled out NEVER I HOPE and turned the channel(take that crap
to foxspews Nancy)
Four points and an observation and recommendation regarding
Nancy's comment and your conclusion in response to my point:

First, a *legal* point: "physical" evidence and
"circumstantial" evidence are not different types of
evidence, they are not mutually exclusive, they are not
either-or. "Physical" evidence is not synonymous with
"direct" evidence nor antonymous with "circumstantial"
evidence. "Direct" evidence and "circumstantial" evidence
are the different types, and either or both may or may not
consist of "physical" evidence.

Second, a *jurisprudential* point: The law strives to be
precise and exacting because life, liberty, or property are
at stake, and a formal setting, such as before a court, is
strictly demanding of such. For example, jury instructions
informing the trier of fact as to what the relevant law is
in a particular case must meet the highest standards of such
precision and exactingness, and under such standards,
circumstantial evidence is sufficient to sustain a verdict
even in the absence of any direct evidence.

Third, clearing up your apparent misunderstanding or
misreading of my comment: It is well-settled law that
circumstantial evidence alone is sufficient to sustain a
guilty verdict in a criminal case. I did not mean to
suggest that direct evidence may be ignored in favor of
circumstantial evidence or that circumstantial evidence is
necessarily better than direct evidence. Both may be given
more or less weight according to the jury's interpretation
of the facts and reasonable application of the law as
instructed and explained by the judge. A conviction can be
supported in the complete absence of direct evidence if
there is sufficient circumstantial evidence pointing to
guilt; and depending on the facts, circumstantial evidence
may be better than direct evidence, and vice versa.

Fourth: The law, like many professions, uses terms of art
that have specific meanings and applications within the
profession different from common, general, or casual uses of
the words. Terms of art are often abstruse (difficult to
understand and even puzzling to those untrained in the
particular profession) and recondite (known and understood
by only a few experts). When dealing with legal terms,
laymen as well as lawyers should be careful to understand
and use them as terms of art less they misunderstand or be
misunderstood.
VicXnews
2011-01-12 00:59:00 UTC
Post by Johnny
and under such standards,
circumstantial evidence is sufficient to sustain a verdict
even in the absence of any direct evidence.
for Nancy it's in place of
Post by Johnny
Third, clearing up your apparent misunderstanding or
misreading of my comment: It is well-settled law that
circumstantial evidence alone is sufficient to sustain a
guilty verdict in a criminal case. I did not mean to
suggest that direct evidence may be ignored in favor of
circumstantial evidence or that circumstantial evidence is
necessarily better than direct evidence.
I sure wasn't questioning/misunderstanding or misreading anything you
said...just remembering Graces rant that circumstantial evidence is BETTER
than direct evidence which SHOULD be ignored as it just clouds the jurors
judgement
she asked of defense attorneys 'when will they learn'