OT - The war on Christmas
theBZA
2007-11-07 00:44:44 UTC
I saw my first christmas commercial last sunday, October 28. It was a
crassy attempt to sell an ugly statuette of a snowman that plays a tinny,
ugly-sounding version of Frosty the Snowman. Nothing about Peace on Earth
(god forbid) or Good Will Toward Men.

Today, on Fox News, Neil Cavuto officially rolled out the "War on
Christmas" for all the Culture Warriors out there. He spent 20 minutes
bashing "The Food Police" - alleging that they are out to get Santa because
"He's fat... You're saying Santa doesn't matter because Santa's a slob."

Of course he doesn't tell you who the "Food police" are - nor does he
actually quote any person, living or dead. But that doesn't stop him
accusing the "SPs" of claiming that "he's also a fat man. And to the food
police, that makes him an ugly man."

I find Christmas commercials before Thanksgiving to be in bad taste. But
when the "War on Christmas" starts on election day, that's really going too
far.

Happy Holidays!
If I were a cactus, I wouldn't need so much water
bozak
2007-11-07 00:53:27 UTC
Post by theBZA
[...]
you mean the war on christians... which is what its really about...
oh oh poor me, we are bombing the shit out of anybody we want,
but dont talk bad about our love for jesus...
David Goldberg
Seriously Brandon, you need to stop watching so much Fox News.
theBZA
2007-11-07 19:17:11 UTC
Post by David Goldberg
Post by theBZA
Today, on Fox News, Neil Cavuto officially rolled out the "War on
Christmas" for all the Culture Warriors out there. He spent 20
minutes bashing "The Food Police" - alleging that they are out to get
Santa because
"He's fat... You're saying Santa doesn't matter because Santa's a slob."
Seriously Brandon, you need to stop watching so much Fox News.
Lack of any form of rebuttal duly noted. Yet another gratuitous and
worthless reply from the King of Dodge.
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time
I was learning to see.
David Goldberg
Rebuttal of what? I never watch Fox News.
theBZA
2007-11-08 16:05:24 UTC
Post by David Goldberg
Post by theBZA
Post by David Goldberg
Post by theBZA
Today, on Fox News, Neil Cavuto officially rolled out the "War on
Christmas" for all the Culture Warriors out there. He spent 20
minutes bashing "The Food Police" - alleging that they are out to
get Santa because
"He's fat... You're saying Santa doesn't matter because Santa's a slob."
Seriously Brandon, you need to stop watching so much Fox News.
Lack of any form of rebuttal duly noted. Yet another gratuitous and
worthless reply from the King of Dodge.
Rebuttal of what?
War on Christmas? Santa is bad because he's fat? The "Food Police"?
Really, if you had nothing to add, why even post? Are you just that
desperate to try and score points on me? Son, maybe when you grow up
you'll understand how childish that is.
Post by David Goldberg
I never watch Fox News.
Seriously? Well, I guess you just prefer not knowing what people are
thinking and saying. Me, I prefer to get information from a wide variety
of sources so I know what other people are saying and thinking. It's odd
though that everything you post reads like Bill O'Reilley's "Talking
Points."
--
Crippled but free
I was blind all the time
I was learning to see.
$Bill
2007-11-08 23:46:50 UTC
Post by theBZA
Post by David Goldberg
I never watch Fox News.
Seriously? Well, I guess you just prefer not knowing what people are
thinking and saying. Me, I prefer to get information from a wide variety
of sources so I know what other people are saying and thinking. It's odd
though that everything you post reads like Bill O'Reilley's "Talking
Points."
I never watch Fox news either (unless you include Good Morning LA on Fox :).
I don't consider that a negative and they're pretty biased based on what's been said.
Johnny
Know thine enemy . . . watch Fox News.
VicXnews
2007-11-09 20:11:26 UTC
Thanks for holding down the fort cuz I will pass on watching Fox.
Jeff Mayner
2007-11-10 16:55:00 UTC
Johnny and BZA are good men. They watch FOX so we don't have to. ;-)
theBZA
2007-11-10 17:25:09 UTC
Post by Jeff Mayner
Post by VicXnews
Post by Johnny
Know thine enemy . . . watch Fox News.
Thanks for holding down the fort cuz I will pass on watching Fox.
Johnny and BZA are good men. They watch FOX so we don't have to. ;-)
We come to serve.
If I were a cactus, I wouldn't need so much water.
VicXnews
Thank you Sir...
theBZA
2007-11-10 22:11:44 UTC
Post by VicXnews
Post by theBZA
Post by Jeff Mayner
Post by VicXnews
Post by Johnny
Know thine enemy . . . watch Fox News.
Thanks for holding down the fort cuz I will pass on watching Fox.
Johnny and BZA are good men. They watch FOX so we don't have to.
;-)
We come to serve.
Thank you Sir...
Live long and prosper.
If I were a cactus, I wouldn't need so much water.
Johnny
2007-11-10 18:29:17 UTC
It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it.
VicXnews
and you Sir...thank you also...please keep up the good work.
VicXnews
2007-11-10 21:34:38 UTC
and I ppreciate it....
bozak
2007-11-10 17:52:05 UTC
Post by VicXnews
Post by Johnny
Know thine enemy . . . watch Fox News.
Thanks for holding down the fort cuz I will pass on watching Fox.
if you live where i live you cant help but see it every now and then...

garbage is on everywhere...
VicXnews
the only TV I see now is BBall...
Johnny
KJ Collins
2007-11-10 23:53:36 UTC
"Red Eye" is amusing. And they usually have a few hot female guests.
theBZA
2007-11-10 23:57:42 UTC
Post by KJ Collins
Post by Johnny
Know thine enemy . . . watch Fox News.
"Red Eye" is amusing.
Isn't that that horrible movie with Rachael McAdam? She was wasted in that
one.
If I were a cactus, I wouldn't need so much water.
Jeff Mayner
2007-11-11 06:27:26 UTC
Post by theBZA
Post by KJ Collins
Post by Johnny
Know thine enemy . . . watch Fox News.
"Red Eye" is amusing.
Isn't that that horrible movie with Rachael McAdam? She was wasted in
that one.
She's wasted? I am the one to provide the antidote!

man, that woman is 110 lbs of cute. ;-)