OT - Lunar eclipse
Alson Wong
2010-12-20 17:45:13 UTC
Tonight's lunar eclipse is the only one visible from the western U.S.
between 2008 and 2014, and the whole f'ing western U.S. is clouded over.
Dammit.
Blazer Fan Dan
2010-12-20 17:50:25 UTC
Post by Alson Wong
Tonight's lunar eclipse is the only one visible from the western U.S.
between 2008 and 2014, and the whole f'ing western U.S. is clouded over.
Dammit.
yeah, ain't that a scream?

I'm in San Diego right now, and if you looked outside you'd swear I
was still in Portland.

You know, minus the palm trees and stucco houses.
Alson Wong
http://sat.wrh.noaa.gov/satellite/showsat.php?wfo=sgx&area=west&type=vis&size=4
Terraholm
2010-12-21 07:04:35 UTC
It is visible here in Coos Bay, just slightly foggy right now at 11PM
Alson Wong
2010-12-21 17:51:33 UTC
Post by Terraholm
It is visible here in Coos Bay, just slightly foggy right now at 11PM
I went to my observatory in Landers and got a glimpse of the partial phases
but did not see totality.
Swillabrew
2010-12-21 22:12:42 UTC
Post by Alson Wong
Post by Terraholm
It is visible here in Coos Bay, just slightly foggy right now at 11PM
I went to my observatory in Landers and got a glimpse of the partial
phases but did not see totality.
I went outside last night & looked up. Got snow in my eyes but no eclipse.
I'll wait for Dr. Wong's pics. : )

Go Blazers !
Terraholm
http://www.kval.com/news/local/112251564.html
Alson Wong
2010-12-21 23:28:50 UTC
Swillabrew wrote:
\>
Post by Swillabrew
I went outside last night & looked up. Got snow in my eyes but no
eclipse. I'll wait for Dr. Wong's pics. : )
I didn't get any pics. It was never completely clear and it rained most of
the night.
Swillabrew
2010-12-22 17:11:00 UTC
Post by Alson Wong
\>
Post by Swillabrew
I went outside last night & looked up. Got snow in my eyes but no
eclipse. I'll wait for Dr. Wong's pics. : )
I didn't get any pics. It was never completely clear and it rained most of
the night.
Yeah, I heard you guys are getting some rain, hope it's not too bad in your
area.

There were plenty of pics via the MSM, I was just hoping for some of your
extraordinary work too.

Go Blazers !